Amezona?

So I wrote this once, read it over, didn't like it, deleted it, and rewrote it. But either way, I had no idea Amezona was even a ship. I did some research and decided to write an Amezona one shot for shits and giggles. But I still need a couple to use in my sequel to As You Are, so i figured I'd spice it up a bit.

This runs under the assumption that Arizona and Amelia did their residencies together (bc they both did them at John Hopkins) and I'm running with that lol.

You guys will choose; you'll vote for your favourite ship (Amezona or Amelexia) and the winning ship will not only be canon in the As You Are sequel's universe, but I'll write a short side novella based solely around the winning ship.

Comment here for Amezona
(Lets be honest, comment for bottom Amelia)

Comment here for Amelexia
(Lmao top Amelia all the way)

When it's clear who the winner will be, I'll announce and begin to write.

I appreciate each and every one of you so so much, and I value your opinions and comments on my work ❤️

~Daisy

I had only ever been in love once. In my thirty-one years of existence, out of all the people I'd dated, I'd only ever loved one.

And she'd left me long ago.

We were young; it wasn't going to last. She was a proud lesbian, and I was a closeted bisexual; I didn't know anything, but I knew how I felt when I looked at her, and that had meant something.

It was sad, really, looking for her face in every single room, despite knowing that she would never appear. My heart ached, and as time went on, I only learned to coexist with it.

When I'd moved to Seattle and taken a job at Seattle Grace working under Richard Shepherd, I had no idea she'd be there. I hadn't spoken to her in years; I wouldn't have known what to say to her.

But that first day, my very first day at a new job in a new hospital in a completely new state, I was met with a head full of blonde hair and those eyes, the eyes I couldn't have forgotten even if I'd tried (which, admittedly, I didn't).

"Amelia" She'd said, her face masked with shock as she saw me standing there, wearing blue scrubs, holding a patient's chart.

I froze; I didn't know what to do. The first thing I'd noticed was that she'd cut her hair; it was shorter now than it was, cropped just above her shoulders. Secondly, I'd noticed that she looked exactly the same.

Every single ounce as beautiful as I'd remembered.

"Arizona" I choked out "uh, hi?" I had no idea she worked here; if I had of known, I more than likely would've opted for a different hospital.

"It's been six years" she says, her face still just as surprised as I felt "I haven't, I mean, I didn't..." she trails off, and then sighs in frustration. "How are you?"

It was so typical of her; asking how I was, beating around the bush, and while I wanted to be mad, I knew I couldn't be. Not with her. Not after what I had put her through.

"I'm good" I smile, changing my tone to hopefully try and sound friendly "I'm an attending neurosurgeon here now; my brother and his ex wife moved here with their partners and their daughter"