Chapter 2: An Unfamiliar Situation

"Kiyotaka-sama, breakfast is ready, please wake up"

A familiar voice...

"Your father and mother awaits at the dining hall, please prepare immediately."

The absence of pain?...

My eyes shot open, bloodshot as I raised from my bed immediately. That voice, that was the same voice as...

"Matsuo?" I groaned out quietly. Impossible, I was feeling phantom pains upon my chest area, where I had been shot yet there were no wounds there. There was no pain but at the same time there was? It made little sense... Why?

I clutched upon my chest but there was no blood.

What had happened?

I distinctively remembered getting shot, I know it to be true... Have I gone mad, had I been dreaming lucidly? But I just heard Matsuo just now, did I? Is this the afterlife? I was expecting it to be a bit hotter due to the numerous sins I had committed.

Matsuo shouldn't be in the underworld, seeing that he was a kind hearted soul, an individual loved by his family and other people as well. He was someone who had taught me where to gain the first steps of my freedom.

Why would he be in hell with me?

No no no no, I'm not thinking straight right now. If I was supposed to be dead, I shouldn't feel the pain I was experiencing right now, right?

"The White Room clearly didn't prepare me enough for this" I softly uttered out as I allowed to plant my face upon the palm of my hands.

As I got out from the bed, I noticed that I was in an unfamiliar bedroom. If my hypothesis is correct, I would be at the manor with Matsuo. My bedroom at that specific manor barely had any designs into it whatsoever. This room however had so much going on.

A bookcase wasn't really that shocking but what was is the amount of posters there were up upon the wall. Some are from anime that Kei would tend to watch, some are posters of bands that Kei also tends to tell me about.

Kei...

Just remembering that name causes my heart to clench. To think having some semblance of emotions would get me to feel unnecessary pain.

I ran my hand upon the poster with morbid curiosity. As I did so, I would remember her sweet voice.

"Kiyotaka! We should go and see a concert together! Maya and Chiaki had invited me along and I kinda wanna bring you with me!"

"A Concert? Like a gathering of people to watch artists perform their art?"

"Yeah somethin' like that! We should, totally, go!"

I had then pulled my hand back just to gaze at the poster. My lips pursed together as I try to get my emotions under control. My heart was beating painfully within my chest. The last moments between us replaying in my mind.

I'll never forget that gaze...

I passed by my room's mirror.

Then I paused.

I rushed back

...

...

What the hell?

Staring back at me wasn't my 20 something year old self. I lack the scars to begin with, both attained from the war and the white room training. Despite my adolescent and youthful look, I still had the muscles that I had developed from training.

No, no no! That's not the problem right now.

I was young! 16 years young! My face is that of myself when I had started going to high school. I then looked and patted around my body. Yes, everything, everything feels real!