Chapter 10: The Beating Drums of Total War

"Alright guys!~ Settle down!, We must be much more serious today!" Chabashira Sensei had called out to all of us who were talking to one another.

"Ehh? Sae-chan-Sensei? What's wrong?" Sensing that something was wrong, Miyamoto couldn't help but suddenly ask, addressing Sensei by her preferred nickname.

"Well It's the end of the month." She said as she raised some paper "So we have to conduct a pop-quiz!"

Of course this was met with unenthusiastic whimpers and groanings. 

"Senseeei! Do we have to?"

"Well!~ You know the rules and so do I~ tee hee"

"S-Sensei... Did you just-"

"Anywhooo!" She drawled out, ignoring the student that she had just cut off as she moved to each student at the front row, handing out the necessary examination papers onto the table.

"Please pass it to the person behind you, okay?"

"Hai! Sensei!" Some had drawled out as they passed the stacks of paper behind them after taking a sheet for their own. I watched as Miyake had passed me my paper, I nodded at him to which he nodded back.

"Now calm down everyone! This test is only for future reference. It will not be reflected on your report card. But I'm sure you guys already know some other unmentioned things! Still, cheating isa big no no! Alright?" 

There was a slightly strange phrase included in her words. Normally, gradesare reflected only in the report card. However, Chabashira-sensei's wordsare a bit different. It looks like she's implying that these grades won't bereported on our report card, but will be done so in some other way. I'd probably say that I'm worrying too much but there are some things that are needed to be cautious about.

My classmates knew this, I knew this, because we were already informed beforehand courtesy to my decisions back on the first day. Chabashira didn't need to say anything more for everyone already knew the risks...

Class points.

"Kiyotaka-kun?" 

I then glanced towards my side and raised an eyebrow. Suzune was looking at me with a smile. Her fists were clenched as if she was pumping them. She then softly whispered out the words-

"Ganbare! Kiyotaka-kun!"

"Ah... hmm... You too, Suzune" I seem to be caught off guard with the sudden greeting. The reluctant girl smiled, satisfied of her efforts in cheering for me before once more facing her papers.

I was caught off guard, yes, but that doesn't mean It shook me to the core. Most would probably scream out in the spring time of youth and do their absolute best in the exam after a cute girl tells them to do their best in the exam, however, I am not like those people. Such trivial thing wouldn't move my heart at all.

Once the test started, I looked through the questions. 20 questions, 4 persubject, and 5 points per question for a total of a 100 points. However, thequestions were extraordinarily easily, and so it felt rather anticlimactic.

The questions on this test are easier than the entrance examquestions. Everything here is too simple. I thought that, but about 3 questions on the test were harder than the others.The last math problem probably can't be solved without using complicatedformulas.

If I remember correctly, the exams were just like this. I couldn't be too sure, honestly. I couldn't keep in track of things down to the minute detail. 

But it was clear that these questions were not for first year high school students. The last threequestions are of a different nature. I judge the 3 questions were about college entry levels in difficulty. Everything else could be done by everyone with a breeze.