Chapter 13: One Small Step For The Masterpiece

A/N: Thesis got delayed, moved to god knows when (thanks faculty for delaying the clearance), now has free time, lets dance!

"Goodmorning Class!" Chabashira Sensei had just greeted everyone as she had entered the classroom with glee. Everyone seems to cheerfully greet her back in kind.

I have to admit that it's somewhat amusing to watch my once strict and serious homeroom teacher cheerfully saunter into the classroom with so much life.

"It seems that everyone had been studying hard as of late, especially Yamauchi-kun over there" She pointed towards an individual who was nose deep in his book, raising a hand upward.

"Goodmorning Sae-chan-sensei!" Yamauchi cried out. I can tell that he was really trying his best in studying for the midterms. Not only him but across the room, Kushida could be seen trying her best to memorize the answers for the subjects. What concerns me is her expression right now.

Hmm...

"Well, since everyone seems to be trying their best to study up a storm, How's about I allow you guys to have a 30 minute refresher?" She asked with a smile, causing everyone to roar out in acceptance and affirmation.

It seems that Sensei wishes for everyone to pass as well. She's much more proactive in assisting us in the class battle. She's much more passionate in teaching and is willing to assist her students whenever they need her. She's much more social and wouldn't pass up an opportunity to have lunch with her students.

I can even try to ask her to have lunch with me but....

"Ara what's this? Ayanokouji-kun wishes to have a date with me? How cute!~ It'd be rude of me not to accept! Very well~ But you must take responsibility-"

No...

Just no...

Let's not dwell on that possibility.

I then let out a sigh as i observed the scene before me. I can see Airi had decided to chat with Sensei, probably to catch up on something rather than review the lessons but i was even more shocked that Sensei had opened her textbook and pointed at something, causing Airi to nod in understanding.

Is it weird that Chabashira Sensei is much more helpful in this universe than the original one was?

Something tells me that not only the people had changed but also the school itself. Class Competition is still a thing, however, its possible that the teachers are encouraged to take more active measures in helping their students in the fight.

"Ayanokouji-kun?" I would perk up at the familiar voice before me.

Miyake looked up and now appeared much more on guard now. Frowning, he asked; "Karuizawa, what do you want with him?" I cant help but wonder as to why he appears to be on guard with her.

"Don't mind me, Miyake-kun" She remarked, giving him this indecipherable look that caused him to somewhat relent.

Huh?

Did something happen between them?

I looked over towards Miyake in question but all i could see him do was let out a sigh and waved it off, as if telling me that it's fine. I mean it's not like i need his permission in order for me to talk to someone. But I can't really understand the reason as to why he would be cautious of Karuizawa of all people.

"What can I do for you?" I remarked as I decided to stand up. After my business with Karuizawa, I was planning on going to grab something to drink. 

However-