Chapter 12: Nothing Is The Same Anymore

Kiyotaka-kun is off limits

I had not expected Suzune to lash out like that to Kushida when finding out that the usually brazen girl wished to have me as her friend. It's unnerving to say the least, considering the fact that she wanted to make friends in the first place.

As of right now...

I'm walking home with her.

She was telling me some things about this book that she had just read. A book that I am already familiar with. Lately she had gotten interested in the Horror genre, a far cry from her usual bread and butter which is mystery and thriller. Right now, she was talking about a book about a lonesome teenage girl who was isolated from her peers due to how she was raised.

A book about teenage struggles that takes a dark turn after the girl discovers her unusual powers. One that she unleashes at the closing end of the story to anyone around her. A tragic end for such a sad character too. It's cruel, in a way. However, Suzune finds it in her to resonate so well with this character.

The difference between her and said character is that she is still well liked despite her meek personality and she is a normal girl, one without any extraordinary powers. Should worse come for worse, at least a bloody prom won't occur in our lifetime.

"-Quite Tragic... Right Kiyotaka-kun?"

"Ah... hmm yeah..."

I cant find it in myself to focus at all due to my head being filled with so much questions that are left unanswered. As far as it goes, nothing makes sense in this moment. Suzune is contradicting herself...

As i thought of Suzune contradicting herself, an uneasy feeling swells within me and I can't put my finger on what it is. She is so unfamiliar and yet so familiar at the same time. She's a different version of Horikita, and yet its as if I know her, but not as Horikita.

A feeling like you know a person but their personality isn't what you know or thought to be but in actuality something different but the familiar at the same time?

"Suzune?"

"Yes Kiyotaka-kun?" She beamed as she looked over towards me with a bright smile, a far contrast to the gut churning smile that I had seen her don during the rooftop. It concerns me to a degree that maybe Suzune is this world's Kushida, a two faced angel with some sort of end goal. I doubt that she'd be getting off of people's secrets and attentions. However, her capabilities to lie without hesitation is something to note of.

Kushida in my timeline was someone who was capable of deception. Her capabilities in lying is impressive, seeing she manages to fool anyone in our school, save a few people.

Suzune is not what she seems

"I don't know-" i started off sounding unsure. In psychology, if someone presents themselves to be lacking in knowledge despite otherwise, the one you are speaking to would be lulled into a false sense of security, thus leaving their defenses to try to reassure your feelings. I can see her frowning with concern.

"You can tell me anything, Kiyotaka-kun"

"No, I'm just concerned for your well being I guess" I stated to her. Of course this caused her cheeks to redden up. Seriously, have I developed a skill that makes women swoon at my words? A useless skill no doubt but quite so impressive considering that I'm just an average guy.

"K-Kiyotaka-kun is concerned for me?! I-I'm sorry if i made you worry!" Suzune's voice quivered as she then slightly bowed in an attempt to prostate before me. I of course immediately stopped her from doing so

"No, it's not like that... I uh..."

"You heard us, did you not?"

"What?" I couldn't help but look at Suzune all of the sudden and there she was, standing straight and smiling widely, red on the face with a certain look upon her eyes.