Chapter 8: That's What Friends Are For

"Good Morning, Yamauchi!"

"Mornin' Miyamoto!"

"Hey Hey Hondou!"

I had been sitting on my chair talking to Miyake and Sudou about what had transpired yesterday in the Club fair. It seems that Sudou still takes up basketball and Miyake still takes up Archery. The reason for this is because of their passions. It's a good thing that their passion all together had not changed at all. What concerns me, however, is Hirata's decision of choosing Basketball as well. I heard from Sudou on how Hirata seems to provoke Sudou, goading him into becoming his rival for the sport itself.

If that was true, then I don't really think Hirata of this time line would be useful. In fact, he might become a liability if his desire to overtake his rivals get the best of him. I analyzed his angle and thought that could his past lead him to a different path to take? Is there a reason for Hirata to desire a strong rival?

Somehow, an incident from the first day pops into my mind. 

"Wooow! A rising basketball star!!! We'll be cheering you on!!!"

Could it be?

I looked over towards the direction of Hirata's desk. He hasn't arrived yet and it wouldn't be like I'll have a chance to get to ask him questions. 

"Hey Hey Professor, we need you here for a sec!"

I couldn't ignore the growing concerns that the newly branded perverted idiot trio was creating with their plans. If I don't take care of any of this, Operation Delta would once more happen, now that I know the instigator of these perverted acts always start with Yamauchi. To think this person would at least have a different personality in this world.

Unfortunately, Yamauchi, You were destined to be nothing more than a lamb in the slaughterhouse.

To avoid his stupidity, I'll have to make an example out of him. But that will have to wait for the time being. For now, I have to keep the ones who would get swayed so easily in this mess, in checked. 

Ike, who is growing much more isolated as the days pass by due to his undesirable trait of being a pervert not existing in this universe and the fact that Sudou and Yamauchi hadn't gotten along with him yet, was now vying to join this little charade of perversion. Seeing how the girls were looking at them like they were the biggest scum on the earth, I might as well have to intervene now and-

"Yo, Ike!"

"Hey Hashimoto, what's up?"

Well this is an odd turn of events.

"Remember the game you recommended to me last time?"

"Oh yeah"

They started conversing. Well this is totally unexpected isn't it huh. I could only look before then turning back towards Miyake. "So, today, we won't be able to go home together huh?" I remarked.

"Yeah, can't really help it with the club practice and all that" Sudou quipped in as he munched upon a granola bar. 

"Well look on the bright side, you'd get to go home with a cute girl" Miyake said with a sly grin as he glanced towards my neighbor.

"W-what are you suddenly on about Akito-kun?!" Suzune had all of the suddenly cried out in embarrassment. Hmm it seems that Suzune isn't really that used to receiving compliments. 

"He's saying that you'd get to spend more time with Ki-"

"Ken-kun!!!!" Suzune cried out in anguish as she abruptly stood up and tried to cover the tall red head's mouth as he laughed at her futile efforts.