Chapter 1 (Ported): Glacial Skies

It was a cold winter evening at that time. The sun had just set. I was sitting upon my reclining chair with a glass of bourbon upon my hand. I gave the glass a slight shake, letting the liquid contents from within just roll. The ice causing chiming sounds to emit from the utensil.

It had been five years since I had managed to graduate from Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, and had finally moved on forward into life. Our class had managed to reach Class A after a long and brutal battle against the other classes. Not only that but as I went through my Third year, I had been at constant cold war with a certain man.

Ever since they had made contact with our school, there are times wherein that man manages to squeeze in an assailant in order to remove me from the school. This is due in fact to the notion that not only was I not willing to drop out of school, but also any attempt of getting me expelled, I was able to repel such attempts, not only from the first year students acting as bounty hunters but also from Student Council President Nagumo and Acting Directior Tsukishiro themselves.

It was a grueling battle to say the least. But in the end, one had graduated, his thirst for an unforgettable challenge quenched which leads to us separating paths without any form of grudges, and somewhat developing respect for one another. The latter, taken out of his position to be replaced by the reinstated Chairman, Sakayangi himself.

In truth, the third year battle had placed a massive strain upon me. Yes, I have limitless capabilities, yet here lies one of the flaws within me. Despite being called the ideal human being from where I had been raised, I am still that, a human being. I still get tired, I still get stressed out, I still get fatigued.

And because of this, I had subconsciously strayed away from my plans of creating the greatest obstacle to Horikita Suzune's growth due to a number of deviations.

One of them sits across from me, glaring at me in frustration.

I have grown accustomed to her presence and at some point I had promised that I'd protect her, protect her with all my capabilities. In return however, her non verbal promise of teaching me about love had grown into something much more.

This specific person had been with me ever since I had enrolled in Advanced Nurturing High School. Till this day, she had still been involved in my life. Despite my attempts in discarding and leaving her behind, somehow the two of us would always find ourselves back in each others' side. At first, I can't help but be mildly annoyed yet mildly amused, yet as time passed, I just found myself accepting her presence as permanent rather than temporary.

"Once again, we have reach at an impasse, Kiyotaka..."

"Kei..." I couldn't help but be exasperated. As of right now, we are at a current session.

After information about my home life (note: slightly altered information) came to light, and seeing that Kei had taken up psychology as her college degree, she had proposed that for every week, I was to have these kinds of sessions in order for me to be able to move on from my troubled past.

It's not like my past life had bothered me at all. I couldn't even care less if people start spreading my past life, It's not like their outlandish claims would be believed anyways, right?

But the purpose of this session is for me to open up about my past in the hopes that I'll be able to move on from it. I honestly don't think it's possible, given my current self, however to each of their own, I suppose.

The way she defiantly held her position was a result of her time being spent with me all these years. She swirled the wine in her glass as she leaned back, her legs crossed and posture relaxed. Despite her relaxation, her glare was still unbreaking.