Chapter 3: The Unknown Past

The sun had just set and I find myself walking on my lonesome self. I could only wonder as to how I will be able to pull this off once I establish the situation as the worst possible outcome. What was this worst possible outcome, you may ask?

If we base things off from the actions of my father, then it is safe to assume that such a outcome would be that everyone that I know will be fundamentally different. This may result in a possibility that what I know from my experiences would become meaningless. I'll once more be in the dark with everything.

Everything I've already worked for has already been wasted, but at least I had kept in mind my mistakes and flaws in the execution of my plans. I will be able to act according to them since that I have already kept into record how everyone I know in that school acts and how their behavior reacts to my own.

If in the event that their personalities reverse...

"Its back to square one with me..." I said all to myself as i finished off my ice cream. As I did so, I came into realization that the sole reason as to why I went to ANHS in the first place does not come into play with this era.

If I account that my parents are loving to me, then that would mean that my life would relatively be normal, peaceful even. This life would have produced a version of me who had a relatively normal childhood. In the arms of a loving mother and father.

Not surrounded by an eternity of whiteness.

Another evidence of this is the fact that I am standing by the roadside, finished eating ice cream like any other human being.

Now I arrive to the million dollar question...

If I had a relatively normal childhood, wouldn't that mean that I wouldn't have the desire to gain a life of freedom? Wouldn't that nullify my need to go to ANHS in the first place? If so, then why did this alternate version of me had thought of going to ANHS in the first place?

I could only frown as I seem to cannot grasp upon my other self's way of thinking.

I once more entered through the gates of my household's manor. It was already clear in my thoughts that I could pretend how i would appear to my parents of this timeline. Will I be able to pull it off?

Who knows?

I paused for a minute as I faced the front door before me. My hand was outstretched towards the door knob of the very large doors. If I were to judge the Mercedes Sedan by the drive lot, I could assume that my parents or at least one of them are home by now.

How long have I stood in front of the door, I couldn't remember. For some odd reason my heart rate is rather quick at that moment. I mean I could control my heart rate and appear calm, however, I was rather curious as to the reason why my heart was racing. In all of my life in the previous world, I only felt like this only once...

Kei was in front of me at that time, her smile as beautiful as ever. Maybe she appears to be more beautiful to me due to my growing feelings for her. Yes, My feelings for her grew at snail's pace. I knew this, she knew this, but none of us complained. Kei had said "All of this was worth it" and just embraced me.

What made my heart skip a beat for the first time as well was when she asked me "Will you still love me when the morning comes?" using a question to answer my question to her. 

That was also the day whence my tone had shifted so slightly. The ever so monotonous tone growing soft and fond. "Forever and Ever" I said. 

It was so cliché and out of character for me but I've read from somewhere that lovers love to experience cliché yet romantic moments every now and then. Instead of gaining embarrassment from her as usual, she laughed, amused at my attempt to make her heart skip a beat but she was happy. So happy that her eyes were wet with tears.