Chapter Eight.) Sir Moocelot

Dedicated to Shay-Babe for the cow name! Love you Moo :)

Also...

THEVanessaRodriguez

THEKeithOwens

Who do you ship?

#Kessa

#Tylessa

#Vethan
-

I was giddy and excited, considering the fact that someone was murdered less then 24 hours ago.

"There are rules," Keith says, turning to me.

My mouth falls open in disbelief. "Rules?!" I echo. "I don't do rules!"

He glares at me. "Well, if you want your cow..."

I instantly plaster on the most fake smile ever. "I love rules."

Ethan chuckles.

"You are not allowed to run away from me or try to get help, understood?"

I nod.

"And... in exchange for a cow..." he trails off.

I look at him suspiciously. "Yeah?"

He smirks. "You be my spy."

I frown. Do I really want a cow that badly?

HELL YEAH!

"OKay, fine," I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest. "Whenever this spy thing is over, am I allowed to go home?"

"I'll think about it."

I sighed. "I better get a good cow."

-

"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!" I pull on Keith's hand, which also happened to be part of his rules. I wasn't allowed to let go of his hand unless he let me.

Keith smirks, walking slow on purpose to annoy me.

My gaze is pinned on a basketball stand, and I'm strangely reminded of Despicable Me...

"Keith," I whine. "Faster!"

"That's what she said."

I'm confuzzled for a minute before I realize what he means. My eyes widen and he grins.

"You suck," I mutter, continuing to try to pull him along.

"You swallow."

I feel a pang in my chest when I'm reminded of Val. A frown instantly takes over my features and I wipe my eyes before tears can escape.

Not today, tears.

-

Hello from the other side...

-

"You mean they found her and he got away?!" Val demands as he looks at the officer who delivers the upsetting news. The officer confirms his news with a nod.

Outraged, Val shuts the door in the officers face and runs a hand through his hair. He storms into the living room and punches the wall. Then he breathes heavily and slides to his knees.

After all, he just wanted his sister back.

-

Hello... It's me...

-

"Princess?" Keith startles me from my thoughts and I realize my hand has gone limp in his.

I cover up my sadness. "Stop calling me that."

"I can call you whatever I want."

"Fine," I say. "Then I can call you Fat Pig all I want."

Then I continue trying to pull him to the cow.

-

"It's calling to me," I whisper, reaching out to the huge, pink, stuffed cow. It's beautiful eyes call out to me.

Vanessa... Take me home with you...

"I want him so bad," I whined as Keith watches me with amusement. He reaches for the cow and plucks it off the hook and hands it to me.

My mouth drops open. "You can't just take it like that!" I say, shocked.

"Sure I can," he shrugs. "I'm Keith."

I give him a flat look. "You're supposed to win it for me."

"Do you want the cow or not?"

"Good point, gimme," I snatch the cow from his hands and practically melt at how soft it is. I cuddle it and smile.

"You're cute," Keith says, ruffling my hair as he walks past me. I feel shivers run up my spine and I shake it off before trailing behind him.

"I think I'm going to name him Sir Moocelot," I grinned.

"That's a stupid name."

I glared at him. "It's better then your name...Keith."

He rolls his eyes.

We start to make our way out of the carnival before I pull on his sleeve. He turns to me.

I grin. "Wanna ride the Ferris wheel?"

-

"Here," I shove the photo strip that we took from the photo booth. Keith looks at me with raised eyebrows as he eats his cotton candy.

"What am I supposed to do with that?" he questions.

"Keep it, duh," I roll my eyes and hold it out for him. He takes it slowly and looks at the weird pictures- well, me being weird in them and Keith just being...Keith.

"You can keep it as a souvenir to remember me by when this whole thing is over," I say.

He stares at me for a while before I see a small twitch at the corner of his mouth. "I don't think I could ever forget a girl like you, Vanessa."

-

*high fives self*

I am so proud of myself rn like u don't even understand.

Moo 🐮