Chapter Forty One.) Why Did I Sign Up For This?

R E W R I T T E N

BTW, THIS IS NOT HOW A COURT WORKS BUT I HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE IT HOW I WANT SO...

Keith

"Do you really believe her?" Angela asks while we are eating. I shrug and pick at my food.

Tyler frowns. "Well, I do. Angela made me ignore Vanessa." He sniffed. "My poor bae slash ex-bae."

Angela smacks him. "She put us in here, remember?"

"No...her brother did."

"Well, our trial is tomorrow, what do you think she'll do?"

"Who knows? She's Vanessa."

I look up and glare at the two of them. "Can we stop talking about her now?" I snap. Angela and Tyler look at each other and fall silent.

On our way to our cell after lunch and saying goodbye to Angela, Tyler throws his arm around my shoulder.

"It's okay, best friend," he assures me. "Vanessa will get us out of here."

I roll my eyes. "Sure she will."

I sit on the bed and hug my knees to my chest. Tyler takes a seat next to me.

"Wanna cuddle?"

"No."

"Okay," Tyler smiles before wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder. I sigh.

Vanessa

"VANESSA RODRIGUEZ! GET YOUR ASS UP HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I cringe and push my bowl of cereal away before rushing up the stairs. What have I done this time? My heart literally stops in my chest when I see Val waiting by my bedroom door with his arms crossed over his chest.

I gulp. "Yes, my dear brother whom I love so much?"

"WHY IS THERE A GUY IN YOUR ROOM?!"

I cringe at the volume in his voice and give him the most innocent tone I can manage. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

He pushes me inside my room and forces my face to look at the figure who is again, jumping on my bed with a lollipop in his mouth.

You're dead meat, I mouth at him when Val wasn't looking.Ethan grins.

Wait, where'd he get that lollipop?

"Oh my god!" I pull my surprised face look. "Who are you, stranger who I have never seen before in my life?"

Val gives me a flat look. "Vanessa..."

I sigh and walk over to Ethan, grabbing his wrist and pulling him off my bed. "Okay, okay. Ethan, this is Val. Val, this is the inhuman ninja, Ethan."

"Why is he in your room?" he demands. 

I laugh nervously. "Well you see...about that...what had happened was...um..."

Val raises an eyebrow.

I cover my face with my hands and mumble,"Heneedsmetohelphimgetthegangoutofprison."