Chapter Nine.) Big, Red Button

"Nice cow."

I grinned so big that my teeth were on full display. "Isn't it the best cow you've ever seen?"

"Yeah, can I touch it?" Tyler extends his hand towards my cow. I act fast and slap his hand away.

"MY PRECIOUS!" I glare at Tyler, my nostrils flaring. He holds his hands up in defense and I hug my cow tighter to me.

"Geez, I just wanted to pet it," he mumbles.

Keith rolls his eyes as he gets into the passenger seat. Angela perks up when he gets in and leans over.

"Had fun, babe?" she smiles, running her perfect, manicured fingers down his arm.

Babe?

He ignores her statement but doesn't move her hand. "Let's go," he orders Blu.

-

I have two male species sleeping on me.

That's right, Tyler and Ethan each lay their heads on my shoulder on either side of me like I'm a pillow or something. I sigh in annoyance of how squished I feel.

I play with Sir Moocelot's ear and frown. I can't stop thinking about Val and if he knows that the police officers he sent are dead. If only I could talk to him again.

I sigh again. I miss my annoying brother.

Keith is silent as he stares out the window of the car, fiddling with something on his wrist. It's just a black rubber bracelet, but he keeps pulling on it. It's his turn to sigh as he closes his eyes and leans his head back on the seat.

Angela is on her phone and Blu has his eyes pinned to the road.

"Are we there yet?" I say, tired of the silence.

Blu briefly makes eye contact with me before returning his eyes to the road ahead. "No."

"How about now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"The answer is still the same as it was five seconds ago."

...

"What about now?"

"VANESSA!"

-

It's morning now and we've been driving endlessly for I don't know how long.

Blu, I respect you for driving this long.

"Ugh," I groan at how bored I am. If there is one feeling I hate more then anything in the world, it's the feeling of being bored.

And silence. How I despise silence.

"We're going on a trip..." I sing softly. "...in our favorite rocket ship."

I look at the gang, who pay no mind to me. Then I start to sing louder. "Zooming through the sky."

No response.