Chapter Thirty Five.) Are You Friends With A Ninja?

I can't write action stories OMG so this chapter prob will be one of the worse ones ever I apoligize

Also, be prepared.

Keith

"Wait!" Tyler checks the perimeters before giving us a thumbs up. "Okay... Wait!"

I give him a flat look as he tells us to be quiet. He listens for a while before: "Okay."

Just as I take one step, his arm shoots out to stop me. "Wait!"

"For fucks sake, Tyler," I pushed past him, not in the mood for him. All I could think about was Vanessa, and how I was going to kill my father.

Should I just put a bullet through his head or make it a slow, torturous death?

I held my gun in both of my hands, aiming it in front of me as I scanned the area, moving carefully. I tense when I hear someone scream.

"Was that...?" Blu begins, listening.

My eyes widen as panic rushes over me. "Vanessa!"

"Keith, wait!" The gang call after me when I burst into a run, rushing towards the sound. I swear if James did any harm to her in any way...

I slide to a stop when I come across a room with the door opened slightly. I lean against the wall beside it and use my gun to open the door a little wider. I recognize James' voice as one of the people talking in there, and my heart pounds when I hear Vanessa's voice as well.

"You think you're so smart, don't you?" James sneers at her. I peek inside to see Vanessa cross her arms over her chest.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

James shakes his head at her. "You know, the reason why I haven't killed you yet, is because you amuse me so much. Do you really think you'll get out of this alive?"

"Hey, are you friends with a ninja?"

James blinks. "What?"

Vanessa smiles. "Yeah, I think I have a pretty good chance of getting out of here." She sniffs the air. "By the way, you should probably put on some deodorant 'cause, you know..." She waves her hand in front of her face.

"You little fucking bitch!" his hand raises and I immediately shoot my gun at him before he could hit her. He shouts out when the bullet goes through his arm and Vanessa jumps back with a yelp. James' head whips around before his gaze falls on me.

With the rest of the gang behind me, we step inside the room with our guns in front of us. James' has men of his own in here, and my eyes narrow when I spot Marco with him.

"You fucking traitor," I spit out. He smirks at me.

"That's what I said!" Vanessa says eagerly. When everyone looks at her quietly, her face falls and she mumbles, "Uh, I'm going to go stand over there, now."

James' grabs her arm with injured arm, seeming to try to ignore the pain. He pulls out his own gun from his waistband and points the gun at her. Red clouds my vision.

"Let her go," I command, keeping my gun aimed at him.

James presses the barrel of the gun harder against Vanessa's skull. She winces. "Care for this one, don't you, son?"

Vanessa

I notice Keith's chest heaving up and down, and fear paralyzes my body.

Enough excitement for you yet? Inner-me grumbles sarcastically.

A drop of sweat falls down my forehead as the cold gun presses against me. I have never been so close to dying before in my life! Except for that one time when Val almost killed me when he threw me in the pool, forgetting I couldn't swim...

"Here's the deal," James begins. "Drop your weapons, and surrender your gang, and I'll let her go. Refuse," he lets out a humorless laugh, "and Jessica here will suffer."

"It's Vanessa," I correct him.

"SHUT UP!" Everyone shouts at me. I pout.

Keith's gaze moves to me, and my heart drums against my chest. He looks pained as he raises his hands in surrender, and drops the gun on the floor, gesturing for the gang to do the same.

"Keith, no!" I object as a victorious grin appears on James' face. I glare at him. "The cows will forever hate you."

"Fuck the cows."

Gasps are heard all through the room.

"He shouldn't have said that," Tyler shakes his head sadly.

My fists clench at my sides as fury begins to build up in my chest. Fuck the cows? Fuck the cows?! FUCK THE COWS?!

And then the bullets fire.

I fall to the floor just like everyone else when the bullets come out from nowhere. James hisses when I fall on his arm, and I smirk before adding a bit more of my weight on it. I look up to see Ethan with a furious look matching mine.

My beautiful baby boy. I'm so proud.

The gang use this to their advantage and pick up their guns. I quickly roll off James and run to the corner, hiding behind some boxes.

Many of James' men fall, and I notice Marco being one of them. I watch without pity as his eyes roll to the back of his head, and quickly curse him to the pigs.

James is nowhere to be found.

"Where'd he go?" I mumble to myself as the gang fight off James' men.

"VANESSA, WATCH OUT!"

It all happens in slow motion after that.

Blu pushes me out of the way, seeming to come out of thin air. I gasp when my back hits the floor as the shot fires, and Blu cries out. I notice to late that Blu has taken the bullet for me.

"Blu!" I yell. I rush to Blu, cradling his head in my lap. "Blu, Blu, Blu, oh my gosh," I gasp as my eyes start to burn. The middle of his chest is punctured with a bullet wound, and he is heaving breaths.

"You're going to be okay, Blu," I choke out, feeling so useless since I had no idea what to do when he coughs up blood.

"You-" he pauses to cough some more. "You know... you w-weren't so bad."

"Stop," I croak. "Stop talking like that."

He can't die, he can't die.

"JAMES!" Keith roars as he shoots his gun at his father, finally ending him. James crumples to the floor as my tears fall on Blu's face.

"Take care of h-him, o-okay?" Blu whispers as his heavy lids begin to droop.

"Purple?"

Blu smiles before his lids shut...for good.