Chapter Thirty Nine.) Can I Have Ashton Irwin?

Wait, Ashton? Wha- Oh, hehe wrong book 

Wink Wink 5SecondsOfQueens

-

"Need anything else? Water? Cookies? A car? Something?"

I sniffed, my hands tightening on the hot chocolate Val made for me. "Can I have Ashton Irwin?"

Val patted my head. "I can't do everything. Besides, Ashton is mine."

I pouted. "I thought you were a Michael guy."

"I change daily."

I looked down. Although I was appreciating Val's effort to cheer me up, I still can't stop thinking about the gang.

"Hey..." Val began softly, chucking my chin lightly. "Are you okay? What did they make you do?"

I wiped under my eyes. "Nothing!" I said quickly. "I just...I don't know, it's stupid."

"What is it?"

I played with my fingers. "I wish they weren't arrested."

Val blinks. "You what?"

I gulped. "Did you really have to bring the, you know...the po-po?"

"Vanessa, what the hell are you saying?" Val demands, grabbing my fave to force me to look at him. "They fucking kidnapped you!"

"Yeah..." I agreed before: "But they're really not that bad."

"Not that bad? Not that bad?! Are you hearing yourself right now?"

I placed the mug down on the coffee table and hugged my knees to my chest. It still felt weird to be home right now, since I was so used to Gina's home in Spain.

Gina... I wonder if she knew about Marco.

"Just forget it," I mumbled before getting up and heading to the stairs. "I'm going to my room."

My room is still the same as it was...how long have I been kidnapped? My clothes scattered all over and my bed messy. I stepped over some clothes and lay on my bed before taking Keith's phone out of my bra.

I should've returned that...

I placed it on the bedside table and collapsed on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. Well...

What now?

-

"I think it's Stockholm Syndrome."

I spit out my coffee and stared at Val wide-eyed with coffee and spit dribbling down my chin. I grabbed a napkin and wiped at it before speaking.

"What?!"

"You know, when you develop feelings for your captors-"

I smacked his arm. "I know what it is, dipshit."

Val frowned and rubbed his arm. "Damn, when did you get so mean? Is this one of the symptoms?"

"I don't have Stockholm Syndrome!"

"How would you know?"

"How would you?" I shot back, furious that he would accuse me of...caring...for the gang.

Val looked at me with concern in his eyes. "Vanessa, look at you! You've been so quiet ever since you've been home! You're not the same! Do you know how hard it was for me these past days, worrying about you?"

I stay silent.

"I'm really, really worried about you. Are you okay?"

I stare at him for a while before frowning. "I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine." And with that I get up with my coffee mug in hand and retreat back to my room.

Maybe I can just live here forever...

I sigh as I enter the room and hear a strange squeaking sound. Furrowing my brows, I squint my eyes and make out the outline of someone...jumping on my bed?

My hand looks for the switch on the wall and I gasp when the lights turn on to give me a clear look on the person who has their arms crossed over their chest as they continue to bounce on my bed.

"Ethan?!"