Chapter Twenty Nine.) Is There All There Is To Life?

-

I'm feeling so evil omg...

-

Ethan raises his eyebrows at me when I stare at him longer then necessary as he drives through the streets of Spain. I don't try to be subtle with my staring as he gives me a look that says, What the hell are you staring at, bitch?

Or, I don't know what it could mean, but I know he's wondering why I've been staring at him.

"I'm trying to figure you out," I finally admit. He rolls his eyes.

"It's just..." I paused. "How can anyone go that long without talking?"

He shrugs.

I laugh. "I know I couldn't go that long without talking."

He smiles.

"How long have you been...not talking?"

He purses his lips, thinking about it as he took a right turn before shrugging again.

"All your life?" I guessed. He nodded.

I tilted my head to the side. "How old are you?"

He begins to lift up his fingers as if to show me, but then must have remembered we only have ten fingers. I giggle when he frowns, and I decided to help him by guessing.

"Seventeen?"

He shook his head, pointing his finger up.

"Twenty one?"

Head shake. Finger down.

"Twenty?"

Head shake. Finger down.

"Nineteen?"

Head sha- just kidding. He nods with a grin.

I gasped. "You're nineteen? You're only two years older then me and you're in a gang?" He nods.

Wow, if he was nineteen now, then he must have been in the gang ever since a young age. I'm about to open my mouth to ask him how long he's been in the gang, but the car suddenly halts and he takes the keys out of the ignition. We were here.

-

"Oh. My. God," I gasp and press my face against the glass. "I've never seen such amazing looking chocolate before in my life. It's...beautiful."

Ethan grins and opens the door for me, gesturing me to go in first. I smile. "What a gentleman."

As soon as I stepped foot in the store, I felt like I was in heaven. The smell of chocolate was strong, and there was chocolate everything. Chocolate cakes, cupcakes, cookies, candies, strawberries...you name it, and it's here.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," a man says from behind the cash register. He has a thick, Spanish accent. "Haven't seen you since last time Keith was here. Ethan, how are you?"

Ethan shrugs.

"Still not a talker, huh?" he teases and Ethan smiles in response. I know your struggle, I think inwardly.

Cashier guy's gaze moves from Ethan to me, and he gives me a friendly smile. "Who's this cute girl?"

"I'm Vanessa," I introduced myself with a small wave. "And I love chocolate."

Cashier guy laughs. "Don't we all? I'm Julio."

-

"I now pronounce you, Julio, as part of the Cow Armada," I say, dubbing Julio as part of the clan. He places his hand on his heart, touched. "Moo."