Chapter Thirty Six.) Nice Butt, Mate

My arms hug around my shaking body as Blu is lowered into the ground. By now, I'm all out of tears. A shaky breath escapes me as they began to bury him, and Keith pulls on my arm to bring me to his chest.

I'm still a little suspicious of him, seeing as he killed this girl named Jenna and countless other people, but I didn't let him know that. I let him wrap his arms around me.

"But Vanessa, how do you know he won't kill you, too?"

I try to shake Marco's words out of my head and look to the rest of the gang. Tyler and Ethan hug each other as a silent tear rolls down Tyler's cheek. Angela and Gina stand together, clasping hands. My heart aches as Keith rests his chin over my head with a frown.

What was going to happen next?

-

"We're going back to America."

I jumped up from the couch when Angela said the words. I clasped my hands together. "We are?"

She nodded. "There's no reason for us to stay here anymore."

For the first time in days, a smile breaks out on my face. I was finally gonna go home! Me! I was going to see my brother again!

I was so excited that I tackled Angela in a hug. She blinked and kept her arms by her side as I squeezed the life out of her.

"Um, you can let go now." She pats my head awkwardly.

I grin sheepishly and step back. "Sorry," I say before rushing up upstairs to my room to pack all my stuff. I didn't have much stuff, but ever since I've been kidnapped, I've been getting some really neat clothes, and I'd be lying if I didn't say they were stylish.

"Can I come in?"

I stiffened at the voice. I stopped folding and looked at the door before gulping and saying,"uh, sure."

Keith walked in and raised his eyebrows at the clothes I was stuffing into a suitcase I found under the bed. "Who said you could keep those?"

I momentarily forgot why I was avoiding him and grinned. "I think this counts as mine now."

A small smile twitched on his lips as he moved to sit on the bed. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to stand in front of him before nuzzling his face in my stomach.

"I feel like we haven't talked about anything since...you know."

I frown and run my fingers over his hair. The last thing I want to do is talk about that. "What's there to talk about?"

He lifted his face to look at me. "Are you okay?"

I blink. "Me? You're asking me if I'm okay?"

He nodded.

"Pfft," I shook my head. "I should be asking you the same question. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

I looked down. "Don't you miss Blu?"

Keith let out a sigh. "I mean, of course I will, but there's nothing I can do about it."

"I'm going to miss him."