Chapter 2

I AM A LONELY MONSTER. YES! THAT IS ME.

RECENTLY, I FOUND SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

I happily head towards the flower garden, pretty exited to talk to her again and get to know her more.
I turn around here and there searching for her and after a bit, I finally see her at the same spot as yesterday.

"Ah! There she is" i hurry to her.

"Ah! Good morning" *Good Morning is the right greeting for the morning....right?*

"Good morning" she replies with her heartwarming smile.

"I'm happy you came, we made a promise, right?" I ask with joy and excitement.

"Hehe, yes that's right. The weather is nice today isn't it? By the way, i haven't heard your name yet and i also forgot to tell you mine" The girl asks.

A NAME?

"My name is Hanni.....
Pham Hanni" Hanni introduces herself.

"I.. I am......I don't have a name.
No one ever called out to me. So i never needed one " i bitterly said as realization of my loneliness dawn on me.

"In other words, you can call me whatever you want." I sadly look down.

I am not hoping for anything, i either didn't believe she would really name me, a monster like me doesn't deserve a name, I'm only a nobody.

"Then I'll take your word for it....You... That's right". Hanni pauses for a moment.

"Haerin" Hanni joyfully exclaims.

And it left me on shock, i guess she's really different after all.

"From my childhood....
Back when i could still see, it's the name of a flower i saw back then.
It's something that left a big impression on me" Hanni explains.

I just stood there still recollecting all these bits of moments and re-confirming them all if this moment was really true.

"I felt that it was fitting as i met you in a flower garden. Hmmm, but there was another way to pronounce that flower's name, wasn't there ....." Hanni was thinking hard.

"No....no i don't mind. It's fine, HAERIN is nice." I quickly reply.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? I'M SUPER HAPPY!

"Ah! I forgot, i baked cookies." Hanni smiles.

"You made them, Hanni?!" I excitedly ask.

"Yup" Hanni happily replies.

THIS BLIND GIRL THINKS THAT I'M A TRAVELLER.
INCIDENTALLY, MY VOICE IS LOW.
SO, PERHAPS SHE THOUGHT I WAS A MAN. ( MY TONE THAT IS)

Hanni then takes the cookies out from her basket, "Tadaa! It would be nice if it would suited your palate. I tried my best to add in the right amounts of ingredients hehe"

"Woah! It's in the shape of a flower, you're so good at this Hanni.....I can't eat such cute shape (⁠ᗒ⁠ᗩ⁠ᗕ⁠)" i squeal in joy.

"I went through the trouble of making it. So please eat it. I'm bad at other things but cooking is my speciality.....I wonder if my tongue got better" Hanni says as she playfully stick her tongue out.

Meanwhile: *munch ..munch...munch

"TASTY! It's better than anything I've had until now" I have no more words for it, it's the first time i have ever tried cookies and it was beyond imagination for me.
* crunch crunch....

"Don't be silly!" Hanni laughs.

"It's true" I truthfully reply.

"You've eaten many things from various places, have you not?" Hanni asks.

It was then that i realize i lied to her saying that i was a traveller... Silly me!

"This is perfect, please tell me about your journey. What sorts of places have you visited?" Hanni insists.

Damn!What should i say?

CLEARLY, I HAVEN'T TRAVELLED ANYWHERE EXCEPT INSIDE OF THIS FOREST...

Why the hell did i say i was a traveller!?...... I'll just steal a story from a book i read the other day!

"Well then! I'll speak of the story from when I crossed the vast desert" again, i lie, but I have to, as I don't wanna be alone again!

I'M JUST GOING TO LIE! I'M SORRY HANNI!