Chapter 33 ( Till the end with you )

After the discussion with Danielle, Hanni went back to their house to check on Haerin.

"Eh? Haerin? She said she'd be going to the mansion. Didn't you run into her?" Jennie and Jisoo looked at Hanni surprised.

Hanni herself knew that something was wrong...

"Um... I past her at the mansion's entrance. I'm certain she was going to see you two." Minji informed Hanni.

Hanni's facial expression shows concern and disturbed and Danielle noticed that.

"Milady..."

"Continue with the preparations, Danielle. I'm going to search for her."

"Then ill come with you, the sun's setting and it's dangerous to walk around the forest. And you're pregnant so that adds more." Minji said.

"I'll be fine, I'm sure I'll find her in no time." Hanni politely declined.

"Be careful Milady, don't worry about us. And i hope you find her soon, we can't let the geust of honor be late, can we?" Danielle said.

"Yes, I'll be back in no time." Hanni said and set off to find Haerin.

And so, Hanni ventures into the forest searching for Haerin.
"Haerin! Where are you? The birthday party's... getting started." She shouted.

"HAERIN WILL BE FINE EVEN IF I'M NOT AROUND..."

Hanni had the feeling that she must have overheard their conversation, she felt guilty but continued her search anyway.

Meanwhile, Haerin was there sitting under the shade of a tree, crying all alone to herself. She couldn't get off the thought of Hanni leaving her.

"EVEN IF I'M NOT AROUND, HAERIN WILL BE...."

"Hanni!" She bitterly cried as she didn't know what she should even do right now.

"HAERIN! Are you there?"

Haerin quickly jolts up, and runs towards Hanni, kneeling before her as she tightly grabs the hem of Hanni's skirt and cried her eyes out.

"Hanni!!"

"Ah, you really are there. What are you doing all alone in a place like this?" Hanni asked smiling at Haerin.

"HANNI!.....HANNI! JUST NOW....JUST NOW..... ARE YOU GOING SOMEWHERE!?
ARE YOU LEAVING ME BEHIND." Haerin anxiously shouted...
"Why? No.... I want to be with you Hanni... I'll do anything.... Just don't leave me, please!" Haerin cried as she continuously begged Hanni.

Hanni's faced dropped down, "I knew it. You heard that conversation just now."

Tears dropped from Hanni's eyes, "I figured that i needed to talk to you about this at some point Haerin. My health condition is not really the best right now, but Doctor Yeji is also trying her best to find solutions....."

Hanni holds Haerin's face closer as Haerin cried uncontrollably, "What i was talking about with Danielle... Was something that for you, might not be too far in the future... I'll likely die before you do. That's what i meant, when i said i wouldn't be around.... Your lifespan, is most likely far longer than human's, I'll end up leaving you behind."

AH! THAT WAS THE ONE THING I WAS TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT ALL THIS TIME....

The once small Jennie... is now a mother with a child. A monster's lifespan is different from human's.
Hanni will likely grow old in no time, and then die.

I KNEW THAT, BUT I WAS TOO SCARED TO THINK ABOUT IT. THE THOUGHT THAT I'D BE LEFT ALONE AGAIN...
THE THOUGHT OF A WORLD WITHOUT HANNI SCARES ME...