Chapter 25 ( That Girl )

The little girl ran to her mother and excitedly points towards Haerin.

"Jisoo?" The woman looked at Haerin for a brief moment, "I see. She really is here."

Haerin, not well accustomed to being around humans hides behind Hanni, "Hanni, i think I'm scaring her..... I think I should just go back to my room."

"Milady, Miss Jenny and other business partners are here." Danielle informed them.

"I see. It's alright Haerin. This woman is Jisoo's mother." Hanni said calming down Haerin.

"Okay." Haerin reluctantly replied.

"Jisoo told me, that she became friends with a monster with a tail." The woman said.

"Friends?"

The woman slowly gets up and walk towards Haerin, " I never thought it would be true but..... It really is you." The woman said smiling warmly at Haerin while Haerin was left dumbfounded.
"Miss Monster, I'm not sure if you would recognise me, but we have met before.
I was still young back then, so i only vaguely remember it, but.... You saved me, didn't you?"

Everyone in the room was silence, while the woman narrates the incidents to them.

Then, Haerin realized what she was talking about ,"Ah!"

"I had a weak situation back then, and i just so happened to fell ill while walking through the forest alone. It was then..
That you found me." The woman told them.

YEAH, I REMEMBER.

[ - It was a lovely day, I was walking through the forest picking fruits until i suddenly came across a human girl.

"Wha? Why is there a human child collapsed in a place like this? He-hey."
Haerin said, nervously checking out the little girl.

"Uh.... It.... hurts...." The little girl quietly mumbles weakly.

Haerin panickingly checked her surroundings to find any other human that could help the little girl , " What should i do? Aren't her parents nearby?"
But found no signs of humans.

She tightly clenched her fist and made up her mind right away, gently holding the girl up and run fastly towards the human village to bring the little girl back.

"HOLD ON! I'LL TAKE YOU BACK TO THE TOWN!" Haerin said to the girl and swiftly climb through the brunches of the trees.

After quite a moment, they finally reach the village and Haerin waste no time in searching for help, "Hey! Somebody. This kid needs help!" She shouted anxiously.

But things weren't turning out as Haerin has imagined it to be.

"HE...HEY! WHAT'S THAT?"

"HEY! THAT'S A MONSTER, ISN'T IT?"

"I... IT'S A MONSTER!"

"A MONSTER'S HERE! GET THE WOMAN AND CHILDREN TO SAFETY, QUICKLY!"

"ARE YOU HERE TO ATTACK OUR TOWN!?"

"IT'S HUNTING AROUND FOR CHILDREN! BRING OUT YOUR WEAPONS!"

Haerin don't know what she should do, "No! You're wrong! I don't mean to..."

"HOW COWARDLY OF YOU TO USE A CHILD AS A HOSTAGE! DON'T LOOK DOWN ON HUMANS!"

"HURRY UP AND KILL IT!"

The villagers were readying themselves to kill Haerin, then the little girl weakly opened her eyes and looked at Haerin worriedly as if telling Haerin to run away from this place if not she would surely be killed.

"No, I just.... This girl....needs help." Haerin said through heavy breaths.

She gently put the little girl on the ground and was trying to retreat back to the forest.

AS LONG AS THIS GIRL IS SAFE. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

While Haerin was looking at the little girl for the last time, the villagers suddenly attacked her, throwing their spears which almost hit the little girl.
Luckily, Haerin blocked the spear and could no more calm herself.
She place the little girl behind her as her eyes turned deep black.

WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU?

"KILL IT!" The villagers proceed to fire their arms on Haerin.

Haerin's rage was beyond bearable that she breathes her fires out, engulfing everything that was on her way and drowning the entire village on her fire.

I'M ALL ALONE.
I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF BEING TOGETHER WITH SOMEONE. BUT....
IF THIS IS WHAT IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE, THEN I DON'T CARE IF I'M ALONE FOR THE REST OF MY WHOLE LIFE... ]

"After that, I was brought to a hospital in the neighbouring town..." The woman continued, "After things calmed down, my mother told me that the 'monster who tried to kidnap me attacked the town'."

Haerin was just keeping silent, saddened .

"Since a different monster attacked that town a long time ago, they overreact when it comes to monster." She added.
"But still... That does not change the fact that humas cornered a 'kind monster'.
Most likely, I'm the only one who knows that....
Thank you.... For saving me back then."
Said the woman as she cried.

Haerin herself couldn't control all the emotions anymore and burst into tears.

"And I'm sorry i couldn't save you in return." The woman extends her hand and gently wipes Haerin's tears away and hugs her.

"Me too.... I'm....*sobs..... sorry..
.for doing something.... that can't be...undone... I'm so sorry!" Haerin said difficultly through her tears.

"You don't need to apologise." The woman said tightly hugging Haerin and gently pats her head.

Jisoo pulled her mother's skirt and show her Haerin's name she had written.

"Hmm? What is it Jisoo?.... Haerin?"

"That's the name... Of this monster." Hanni said smiling at the woman.

"Oh my! What a wonderful name.
My name is Jennie.... Jennie Kim. I think I've already told you that a long time ago but I'll introduced myself again for the second time." Jennie said to Haerin, smiling.

"Uhm Yeah...Now that i remembered it." Haerin said wiping her tears.
"And..... Hanni gave me that name too." She added.

"Oh yeah, so it was." Hanni replied.

"Yeah."

"I never thought that the monster Jisoo met would be the same monster i met from back then.
Getting to meet you here like this....
Must be destiny." Jennie said smiling at Haerin.

"Same here, I'm glad to have met you."
Haerin replied with a warm smile.

"By the way, Haerin and Hanni, what kind of relationship do you two have?" Jennie asked smiling at both of them.

"We're lovers...hehe~" Hanni exclaimed happily.

"Oh my? That's really wonderful." Jennie replied.

"I've baked a cake. Let's all have some tea." Danielle interrupted them.

AH! SO IT WASN'T A MISTAKE. TO SAVE A HUMAN BEING BACK THEN AFTER ALL.

...

A/n: Hi guys!
Added character. I've made a new mother - daughter duo..🤗

Hope you enjoyed it.