Chapter 27 ( Danielle's backstory )

Today,
Hanni has some really important errands to run somewhere and Haerin wasn't allowed to go with her.

"I'm coming too." Said a determined Haerin.

"I'm just going on a walk. I'll just be checking on the other house while I'm at it so I'll be going by myself." Hanni said trying to keep Haerin inside the house.

"I'm gonna come too." Said Haerin not really bothered by anything.

"There's still something i want you to do here, Haerin. Right Danielle?" Said Hanni signalling Danielle.

Danielle too understood the assignment and quickly intervene , "That's right. I appreciate it if you could help me out, Haerin."

Haerin badly wants to go with Hanni and clings onto her, "Help out?"

"Please Haerin." She pleaded.

"Fine. Well, if you say so. But i still wanna be with Hanni." Said a grumpy Haerin.

Hanni kissed Haerin on the cheek and proceed to take off.
"Thanks Haerin, then I'll be gone for a bit."

Haerin too happily see her off.

"So easy hehehe." Danielle thought to herself.

"So what should i help you out with?" Haerin asked.

"I'd like you to help me prepare for a party."

"A party? Like the one i went to the other day? What's different about this one?" Haerin curiously asked.

Danielle turns her head and sweetly smiled at Haerin, "We hold it every summer. It's a birthday party for Milady's mother, Lady Winter. It was something she came up with while she was still alive." Said Danielle looking at the clear blue sky and reminiscing about the good old days and continued to explain ,

"Since i have the chance, i want people to have fun memories of me." said Hanni's mother while she was alive.
"I want the day i was born to be remembered rather than the day i die." She added.

After the explanation, Haerin herself went to see Winter's grave.

Haerin looked at the carvings of the grave for quite a moment, "Winter..."

...

The next day,
The party was held very well with numerous people attending it.
As per Hanni's mother, Lady Winter's wish, all people were spending their time enjoying the party instead of feeling remorse. Hyein himself, though remembering his wife was trying his best to keep himself happy.
Hanni too was greeting the people attending.

But inside the house, one person wasn't feeling like they belonged there and was distancing from everyone else.

"Haerin?"

"Hmm?"

"I've brought some food from outside. Would you like some tea?" Danielle said.
"Milady was worried about you. She felt bad for leaving you on your own."

"Nothing can be done about that today. I can't go showing up in front of everyone after all. Even if someone told me to.
Besides, a birthday party for Hanni's mother is something that doesn't concerns me." Said Haerin.

"Let's talk for a bit." Danielle said and take a knife that was left on the bread.

"You're a monster Haerin, so your body is more robust than a human's, right?"

"Yeah, i guess?"

Then, Danielle points the knife to her hand and slice her hand wide open.

"He....hey, what are you doing Danielle?" Haerin asked worriedly.