Chapter 5

Without realizing it.
Just from the thought of Hanni, her bright smile, her plump lips and every little details about her, i felt this strange tingly sensation...i don't know what it is, but i like it.

"Ahhh...I...just when did i began to like Hanni so much?"

I want to see her....i want to see that smile.....i want to hear that clear and calm voice again....

How long?
Can i stay with Hanni like this?

[ - "FOR THE TIME BEING, I'M PLANNING TO STAY IN THE TOWN AT THE FOOT OF THE MOUNTAIN" ]

That's right!
She said so from the beginning didn't she? Hanni stayed here for a reason.
And once that is finished, she will naturally go back.

But why do i feel so sad? For me she's like a season that comes by and goes by after it blooms for a short time.
*Sigh*

....

Meanwhile:
"Huh? It suddenly started raining?
*rustle rustle* It seems like the bread I made didn't get wet, right?" Hmm, i wonder if Haerin would come but it's raining pretty hard. Should i just head home?

...

"Hanni?....
The rain... Are you ok?"

"Haerin...How are you? This is troubling right? It suddenly started raining..."

"Sorry for making you wait....
Wait... You're wet aren't you!?"

"I think the bread i brought is fine though."

"I'm not talking about that!"

"For now ....if you stay like that you will catch a cold. Would you like to come to my place, i will lend you a towel."

"Ah! Speaking of which, Haerin....
You see..."

No...

"I think"

WHAT? HANNI! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?

"I haven't told you yet but...
I'll be going home soon"

WAIT! PLEASE.

"...Ha...Hanni!" *flinch*

"?... What's wrong Haerin, you let out a big voice?"

"Ah! You see...Hanni"

SAY IT! SAY IT TO HER ...NOW OR NEVER...

"I...I also have something i want to tell you".

I'M NOT THINKING THAT I CAN STOP YOU. IT'S JUST...THIS WITHIN MY CHEST...

"Let me say it first Hanni!"

"Hmm?...yeah what is it"

IS PROBABLY...MY FIRST AND LAST LOVE...

"I....Hanni...I love you"

AND BEFORE YOU GO SOMEWHERE
I WANT TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT.

"Eh?"

"I'm glad that i can meet you and talk to you like this... *clench* But, even so, i can't keep you here out of my own selfishness...And if...if you come back here again, make sure to stop by"

"haerin..."

"I will always be here!" I bitterly said as i felt a big lump formed in my throat.

"HAERIN!"

"Eh?"

"I still said i would leave yet though!" *giggles*

Stupid me! I was so lost in my own words that i didn't realize Hanni calling out to me.

"Now it's my turn hehe...
You know...I...I came to this town to cure my eyes. I wonder if I've mentioned it before.

I lost my vision when i was a child, but i could see when i was born. An acquired blindness, i should say.
When i was in my mother's belly...

The town we lived in caught on fire..."

WHAT? NO..NO..NO...IT CAN'T BE! THAT TOWN?

"It was the town on the other side of this mountain and it was apparently attacked by a monster....Ah! But it was quite the time before i was born.
At that time, my mother badly inhaled the smoke...that may have been the cause...
But! A doctor with great medical magic has come to the town at the base of the mountain.
I don't know if i can be cured yet, but I'll be seeing them from now on...

So...so...uhmm...My reply to earlier...
Is it fine if i give it once my treatment is done?"

"Aahhh"....

"Yup, that's all i wanted to say....Eat the bread for lunch okay?....

Well....since the rain has stopped, I'll go back for today.... --- The next time we meet, i hope i can see Haerin's face"

Then Hanni left.

"Ha ...hahhh......haaahhhh....Wh..wha.... what have i done!!"
I couldn't control my tears, my emotions were rilled up. What have i done to the love of my life.

I took her light away from her! I am the one who took her sight away.....m...my fire....

*panting*.

"I don't deserve to live".....