Chapter 30 ( Jisoo's lost voice )

"I STOLE THIS CHILD'S VOICE!" Shouted Ningning anxiously.

Everyone was left shocked on the spot.

"Huh?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hanni asked curiously.

While Haerin was just silent, she understood Ningning because she too herself had faced the same situation.

Jennie's face dropped dead, "YOU DID!?"

Ningning couldn't bear the strength to look directly into Jennie's eyes and just kept looking down while profusely asking for forgiveness, "SORRY!.......SORRY!
Within the mermaids, i was practically an outcast. I always failed at anything i tried. My nervousness made it difficult to communicate with anyone else...
During this, i found an old book tuckled away at the corner of my house...
Inside there was a method... To speak on the surface, written down in the pages was a curse that was able to steal someone's voice...

Thinking that, i immediately headed to the beach on the surface to try it out and then.... There was a lady, who was pregnant happily talking with other people...

WHEN I ACTUALLY SAW THE BEING I WAS TO STEAL THE VOICE OF.
A SENSE OF GUILT CROSSED MY MIND.
BUT I, WANTED TO CHANGE MY CURRENT SITUATION. THE END OF THE CONFLICT BETWEEN MY DESIRES AND MY FEELINGS OF GUILT...

After all, it's someone who's never been seen or known, a baby who hasn't been born. An unknown human..." Ningning narrates as her voice quivers.

Jennie tightly clenched her fist while silently listening.

Ningning continues, "I've done such a foolish thing! Even after I stole her voice, nothing changed! I was only thinking about myself!"

Jennie's eyes were filled with hatred and anger, furiously looking at Ningning.

"And now that I've met the target of my curse in person. It's the first time I've ever felt such devastation!!..."

Then, Jennie finally speaks , "Even as her mother, I have never heard her voice. Her voice when she calls me, her cheers of joy when she's having fun. Or her cries when she's sad..... TELL ME!
Tell me.... The curse."

"Given it's a curse. Most likely... that wouldn't be possible." Haerin thought to herself.

"...orry... Sorry..... Sorry..." Ningning again profusely apologized while crying her eyes out.

Hanni just stood there feeling sorry for the poor creature and Jisoo, but mostly, she touched her belly and was sad at the thought if the same thing would happen to her child.

Jisoo came in between them and holds out her hand to both sides as if telling them to stop arguing.

"Jisoo!?" Jennie asked shocked.

Then, Jisoo proceed to write something on the sand, while everyone was watching her.

'FRIEND' Jisoo points at it and later points at Ningning.

"Jisoo, you're going to forgive her?" Haerin asked.

Jisoo smiled and nods her head, she went towards Ningning and points at her and back to herself.

"Eh? Me? My voice?..... And your voice?" Asked Ningning not quite understanding her sign language.

Jisoo pats Ningning's back as if declaring that they had become friends.

"Forgiveness aside, it seems like Jisoo wants to become friends with her." Hanni said happily smiling.

Jisoo claps her hand twice as if confirming Hanni's statement.