Chapter 26 ( Do you want a baby?)

After a bit of sorrowful moments, the atmosphere in the room was flipped to a heartwarming one in a moment. They were playing a game of tap and enjoyed their time together.

"Oh, did the test not go well? Or did it go well?" Hanni said laughing at Jisoo.

Jisoo proceeds to tap Haerin's hand.

"Tap once for 'yes' and twice for 'no'." Hanni said explaining the game to Haerin.

Jisoo excitedly taps on Haerin's hand multiple times.

"That's it?" Asked Haerin, being puzzled.

"Jisoo lost her voice when she was a child." Said Jennie sipping her tea.

Haein turns to Jisoo , "This is a curse, isn't it?"

"You can tell? Haerin?" Jennie asked quickly.

"I can't say where the curse originated from, though..." Haerin replied.

"I see, Doctor Yeji said the same thing. It's not a type of illness, but she could not do anything about the curse without knowing where it came from." Jennie said.

"I'm sorry i can't be of any help." Haerin humbly replied.

"That's alright, it's nothing for you to worry about Haerin...
But still, when i see Jisoo huddled between you two, she looks like she could be your child." Jennie said warmly smiling at the trio.
"Ah! But you also look like a trio of sisters, the mother would be quite troubled because all of you are so cute."

"Indeed " Danielle supports Jennie's statement.

After quite some time, the visitors decided to leave.

"Well then, I'll give you more details another day." Jennie said waving at the Pham family.

"Yes, please come by again whenever you want to." Danielle see them off.

...

Hanni and Haerin went to the balcony to see them off too.

"You and Jisoo meeting was surprising too but, I'm glad you got to meet Jennie, Haerin." Hanni said.

"Yeah, i guess you're right. I guess coincidences like that do happen." Haerin replied.

Haerin was kinda nervous because she wanted to ask Hanni something important, really really important...

"Putting that aside, Hanni?"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Do you.... Ever think about wanting your own child?" Haerin asked after quite courage are gathered up.

"Eh? A child?" Hanni blushed hardly at the question.

"Well you're a girl, so am i. But i can shapeshift my gender so that's not much of a problem, is it?" Haerin asked.

"Back in the days, i always thought of becoming a mother someday.
But now, i have you Haerin, my number one thought is wanting to make you happy.... Or rather, i haven't really thought that far yet.... Also, I'm not saying that i don't want one, okay?
A child is just one form of happiness, right? It's perfectly fine if not everyone feels the same way, right?" Hanni said, leaning onto Haerin and hugs her.

"What.... Do you want, Haerin?" Hanni asked nuzzling her nose on Haerin's neck.

"To be honest Hanni, I might not be fit to be a parent.... Because, if we have a child, I'm afraid it would take you away from me.... Hanni." Haerin said kissing Hanni's cheeks.

"Hehe~ that would make you quite the troublesome mother, huh?" Hanni said laughing at Haerin.

"I mean... I was gonna live alone... and die alone. So, i never thought about having a kid in the first place." Haerin said.

Hanni holds Haerin's face closer , "We're sometimes similar in a lot of ways."

After chit-chatting for quite a while, they both went inside.

"A kid that looks like Hanni huh? I kinda imagined it a little." Haerin said thinking hard at the what-if scenario.
"That would be pretty cute." She added.

"She'll look like you too, Haerin. She'll definitely be cute!" Hanni said excitedly.

"Well, that's a bit conceited. Incredibly so." Haerin replied.

WHILE THINKING ABOUT IT BEING ANOTHER FORM OF HAPPINESS.
FOR NOW, THAT TINY BUD OF THAT 'WHAT-IF' SCENARIOS BEGAN TO BLOOM.

IT'S SOMETHING THAT WE COULD MAKE POSSIBLE AFTER ALL.

It was around noon, since both Haerin and Hanni didn't have anything else to do, they decided to have a little picnic in the mountain top.

"I think this will do." Said Haerin feeling quite satisfied at the contents of the basket.

"Here, you forgot the plates." Danielle said handing her the needed utensils for the picnic.

"Are you sure you don't want to come along, Danielle?" Haerin asked.

"No, you two can enjoy your time together alone. Besides, i have already made plans to make cookies with Ryujin so I'm fine." Danielle said declining the invitation.

"Okay, if you say so." Haerin replied.

"I'm ready~ shall we go?" Hanni smiled at them, tapping her stick on the floor and signalling Haerin to come.

"Yeah."

At the picnic spot, they enjoyed the food together and have lots of silly yet lovely conversations until Haerin noticed something.

"Hanni, your ear piercing is different from usual. Today, it's green colored, it's really nice." Haerin said, looking at Hanni's earrings.

"Yeah, in the old days, my father would often say, 'You have got a perfectly good set of ears left, so could you stop recklessly injuring them.' "

Haerin quietly listens to Hanni.

"I got upset when i was told that i shouldn't be fashionable. That must have been what started it all. I get stubborn about the strangest things, did i?" Hanni added.

"I like Hanni's piercings, when i see their shiny colour, my heart beats a little." Haerin commented.

Hanni smiled warmly at Haerin.

"So that's fashion huh? Maybe i should attacked something to my ears too!" Haerin said feeling motivated.
"Matching with Hanni sounds nice."

YOU'RE AMAZING HAERIN, FROM NOW ON, THESE PIERCINGS OF MINE, WON'T BE SOMETHING THAT I WORE ONLY FOR MY SAKE.

"Matching would be nice but...it feels like it would be a waste to put piercings on such cute and fluffy ears." Hanni said nuzzling onto Haerin's ears.

"Hahaha.... That tickles Hanni." Haerin said laughing hardly.

And so, they spent their beautiful evening enoying each other's company.

...

A/n: Hmm... guys,
About the what-if scenario, what do you guys say if they had a cute baby together?
Sounds nice to me😁
I think it is for you all too.