Chapter 12

"I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS!" Minji bursts out loudly, sternly staring at Haerin.

"Calm down! This doesn't concern you Minji, so you have no say in it" Hyein calmly said.

Meanwhile, Hanni was worried-sick and checks Haerin out, as she was injured from the previous attack by Minji.

"Has the blood stopped?"

"Yeah, it has"

"Well then, let's wipe you off with a towel" Danielle offered a helping hand, preparing a hot towel.

"Wouldn't the bathroom be better?"

"I suppose so"

"Don't worry, a wound like this will heal up in a short time" Haerin was trying her best to reassure a panic-Hanni.

*clack...."Now, i must return to my work.
Hanni goes without saying, but you can make yourself at home too, Haerin.
You can use one of our beds."

"Yes! We have plenty of beds" Hanni exclaimed exitedly.

"Sure"

"HEY YOU! DON'T TALK TO THE HEAD OF THE PHAM FAMILY LIKE THAT! BE MORE POLITE!" Minji yelled out, still angry.

"Ah! I could say the same thing to you Minji"

*looks at Minji annoyed..."..." Haerin was almost having enough of Minji while trying to remain calm.

"Now now, there's no need to be that upset, Minji~
Alright, Haerin, I'll show you where the bathroom is"

"Sure"

...

Haerin could not keep still and went out for a walk under the bright moonlight after informing Hanni.

"Hanni's house sure is huge"...!

*step step....."hey you! I still haven't forgiven you" Minji looks at Haerin sharply feeling pissed.

Meanwhile Haerin wasn't bothered even in the slightest way.

"I wasn't exactly looking for your approval either."

*tschh..."Such imputence!.....I...
I've been by Lady Hanni's side longer than you have. I know a lot of things about Lady Hanni that you don't" Minji proudly said, feeling satisfied.

"Those are things I'll ask Hanni about in due time. I look forward to learning about them." Haerin said happily knowing that Hanni will answer to every of her questions.

Minji felt even more pissed by the reply.
"...So...shameless! Even though you're just a monster"

"....Same goes to you, no? (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠)"

Then Minji was silenced.

"Still, I wouldn't think that blow you gave me while i wasn't expecting it....
Would have been so light if you were a pure-blooded monster."

".... That's right.
I'm a half-cyclops, the one-eyed giant
And half-human." *proceeds to show her her other missing eye ( that can freeze opponents) hidden by her hair.

I guess that demon eye must have been the reason why my body froze before i got hit.

"Back then, rescuing Lady Hanni was my top priority.....
I may not have a superhuman strength like a pure-blooded giant, but don't think that means I'm inferior to you when it comes to combat.
That's right! So what if I'm a freak?
Even i.... consider...Lady Hanni ..."

"Ah! You love Hanni too huh?" Haerin speaks out realizing what Minji means to say.

*shy af....."WHA!...NO!.... Don't speak such idiocy! KNOW YOUR PLACE! MORON." *proceeds to beat Haerin with her hammer.