Martell & Baratheon

For two years now, Lady Rhea wore the King's gifted chain-mail over her dresses, choosing to honour her House by almost exclusively wearing its colours, Red and White. For two years she had made progress in the reinstatement of her House as one of the great ones, and she would not feel ashamed in the same room as a Stark or Tully Lord, or even Dornish princes. For two years she had flown on dragonback to Craw Isle, to Dragonstone and all over Westeros. She had seen Princess Rhaenyra once since her nameday celebrations two years ago, when her second son with Prince Daemon was born. She had named him Viserys and cared so, so much for the boy. Resentment had grown even stronger between the King's Landing Targaryens, at the exception of the King, who were now called the "Greens" in honour of Queen Alicent's most worn colour, and the Dragonstone Targaryens, who were nicknamed the "Blacks" for Rhaenyra's dress she wore many years ago at the tourney held for the King and Queen's fifth wedding anniversary. Lady Rhea felt torn between the two parties, but, as the King's health grew weaker and weaker, and questions about his succession arose, she was sure of one thing. The King had proclaimed his daughter as his heir, and her own father had bent the knee to her, so she would do the same and support her claim to the Iron Throne if the need ever arose, although she was sure it never would, given how Prince Aegon did not want not care for the Iron Throne, as he often said he would not challenge his sister's position as heir and future Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Aegon and his sister-wife had welcomed another boy in their family, Maelor, who was a true joy to have around the Red Keep and made his mother truly happy.

The King's health caused his wife and Hand great worry, as they now sat the Iron Throne in his stead. King Viserys' glory days were far behind.

Lady Rhea, who now resided on Craw Isle half of each month, had just celebrated her nineteenth nameday, along with her Celtigar cousins and felt confident her House would also bend the knee to Rhaenyra should she give them command to do so. She had flown out to Old Town with Prince Aemond once or twice a year to visit the young Prince Daeron who was enjoying his time away from the capital. Her and the King's second son were still as close as they were before, keeping their relationship and the very thin line between lovers and friends just as blurry as it had always been. For the prince's last nameday, Rhea had bought him a new dagger to replace the one he had gifted her. It was Valyrian Steel and could cut through anything in a second. She had sapphires encrusted in the handle, which was shaped into a dragon's head, modelled after Vhagar's. Upon receiving said gift, the Prince had to refrain from proposing to the young woman right then and there, and took her in his arms for a good minute before showering her with kisses and whispering sweet, delicious words in her ears.

The young lady had made it known across Westeros she was now looking for a husband, as she started to receive pressure from her Celtigar relatives to marry, so as to secure her position as Head. They claimed the Head of a House couldn't rule properly without being married, especially now that she was more than of age to marry. They claimed it did not send a proper image to the other houses and she reluctantly had to admit they were right. Questions were being raised as to why the King's ward had not already been married of to some lord, to form some sort of profitable alliance to the Crown. Questions regarding the young lady's virtue, which, as hard as it had been for her to resist the prince, was still intact, questions regarding her temper, and all sorts of unpleasant topics were thrown at her face almost daily, even with the Queen's tries to shield her from all of them, she was well aware. Prince Aemond had suggested she married him and be done with it, but she refused, claiming she was not a good enough match for a prince, that he would settle for much less than he deserved. He would not hear of it, but his lady made it clear she would rather love him in the shadows than to have him be married to her, however bad she might have wanted it.

Lady Rhea had made an effort to be much more patient with matters regarding her House, seeking advice from her relatives, and some times from her prince, listening to their opinions, in contrast to the beginnings when she would do as it pleased her. She had grown more and more suspicious of the King's Hand, as she found herself colliding with him almost every time she left the King's quarters, or the Queen's.