King's Landing

"Your husband says hi, princess." Daemon added, smirking again as Rhea's face shifted from anger to dread.

Rhaenyra gasped, a furious look plastered on her face. It was the second time Daemon acted without her say so and caused terrible consequences. The princess clamped her sword, drawing it out and striding fast towards the eldest Targaryen in the room. He lifted his sword up, pointing it at her throat and she scowled at him. He didn't scare her, not any more.

"What did you do?" She spoke angrily through gritted teeth as she lifted up her sword the same way he did.

"Everyone, please, stand down," Rhaenyra urged them to no avail.

"I'm afraid you'll have to find out for yourself," the prince snickered. "And I don't intend on letting you leave, princess."

Rhea tried pushing past him but he grabbed her by the hair and forced her to kneel at his feet. She rose up, hitting his limping leg with her arm, all her strength gathered in one swift movement which brought him down, crashing into the floor beside her. Standing up, her sword pressed into his stomach lightly, Rhea could have killed him there.

"Let me go, or I swear to all that is good and pure I will gut you right there. I might even wear your intestines as a necklace." She threatened him.

Rhaenyra yelled at them to stop, and Rhea turned to look at her, her sword not budging one inch.

"I order you, Daemon, to let her go, and this time, you will not betray my trust, husband," she spoke strongly, the royal blood coursing through her veins as hot as lava, fire burning in them. "Go, sister, and come back, we will sign the peace then, I swear it."

Terrified at what her husband might have done, Rhaenyra only prayed it would not lead to dreadful consequences. She hoped to all the gods Daemon had only toyed with the princess' emotions and pretended to have been at the Red Keep. She watched as Rhea ran through the halls and flew on her dragon's back, an enormous lump of fear in her stomach. Should anything have happened, no treaty, no alliance would remain possible.

Rhea reached King's Landing and stepped off her saddle, and she felt as if a wet cloth had been put on her shoulders, she could feel something was not right. She ran up the stairs and through the halls, looking for someone, but she couldn't find anyone. She had only been gone for such a short time, nothing terrible could have happened, she tried to soothe herself. The candles had all been blown out and she heard a harrowing scream coming from Queen Helaena's chambers. Without even a split second to make her decision, Rhea sprinted towards it and dropped her sword when she saw Queen Alicent cradling Jaehaerys, her grandson, blood pooling out of the boy's lifeless body. She lifted her head, tears running all over her face, sorrow and fury all over it. Rhea dropped to her knees, her hand running over the boy's hair.

"No, no, no," she whispered as the Queen pointed towards the rest of the room. "Where is everyone else?"

The Queen shook her head, mustering the strength she could find to form a sentence.

"I-I was out in the gardens, I didn't see-"

She sobbed loudly. Ignoring the tormenting thoughts in her mind, worry fighting its way at the forefront of her brain, Rhea stood up and picked up her sword, and the horror she stumbled upon almost made her throw up. On the bed were Helaena and Jaehaera, dead as well, their throat slit, a pool of their blood had already began staining their dresses. Cradled up to them was Maelor, dead as well. His nurse was rocking on the floor, her knees to her chest, crying all the tears she had and she screamed as she told the princess what had happened.

"They told me they would keep me alive so I could tell what happened," she sobbed, her eyes falling on the family's bodies and a loud wail escaped her.