Strong

Shortly after the announcement of his son's betrothal, the King had to be taken to his chambers because he was in too much pain, his pained moans echoing as he left the room. His Grace felt confident in the fact his family was reconciled, as the whole night had been such a joyous, lovely moment and he was sure it was all his kin needed to go forth.

Lady Rhea strode to Rhaenyra wanting, demanding answers.

"Congratulations, my lady Rhea", Prince Daemon bowed his head with a grin.

"What the fuck was that about, Rhaenyra?" Rhea tried to seem as calm and collected as she could, only managing to control the volume of her voice. "Do you not think you might have consulted me before you imposed your idea on all of us?"

Rhaenyra seemed surprised at her adopted sister's anger.

"Rhea, I only wished-"

The lady Celtigar cut her off with a wave of her hand.

"It was my idea," Prince Daemon confessed.

Rhea's brow furrowed as she failed to understand the prince's motives.

"I saw you, Rhea, in the courtyard." He stated plainly. "I thought if I saw you, others might have, and soon, questions would be raised. I suggested Rhaenyra the idea to betroth you and her brother so you would be safe from any ill wishers."

Rhea's shoulders slumped.

"You-"

Daemon placed a fatherly hand on her shoulder.

"You did this for me?" She asked,moved by the gesture.

"Well, yes," the man answered. "You are my wife's dearest friend. Seeing you and my nephew," he paused to laugh, reminiscing fondly. "Well, it brought me back to when I had to love Rhaenyra in secret. Don't be fooled, Rhea, I'm not fond of the boy. But I like you."

Rhea smiled at her sister's husband.

"Are you not happy about this?" Rhaenyra asked.

"I am, selfishly."

"Why would that be selfish?"

"Aemond is a prince, I am no princess. He deserves-"

"He deserves nothing more than what he has agreed to, Rhea."

"You are of the blood of Old Valyria, never doubt your worth," Daemon said, ordering it rather.

Rhea turned to glance at her betrothed, her heart doubling in size as their eyes met for the first time since their relationship took an unplanned turn. He set his cup down on the table and walked to her, his hands reaching for hers. She had a smile on her face and, as his hands touched hers, she could not believe they were finally free to act how they pleased.

"I take it congratulations are in order, grandson, Lady Rhea," the Hand spoke, raising his cup. "I am sure your father would be terribly proud, had he still been among us to witness it."

Rhea's jaw clenched. The man was provoking her for sure, and Rhaenyra had noticed it. She watched as the prince's newly betrothed's hand seized one of the knifes on the table and slowly slid it towards her. Rhaenyra placed her hand on top of her friend's, slowly shaking her head and placing her second hand on her friend's upper arm, inching her away from the table discreetly. Daemon stood on the other side of Lady Rhea, his eyes dark as he sneered at the Hand. He did not know yet why his wife had such an angered look about her face but he knew never to doubt her instincts.

"I believe it such a shame your father will not be able to walk you to your husband on your wedding day, and, I feel as though, as his childhood friend, I should be the one to do it," the Hand continued, feigning a nice gesture.

Rhea's chin was high and she looked at the man with hatred.

"I will do it, should my brother not be able to, as I know he would want it," Daemon replied, his voice strong and loud which caused the Hand to sit back down.

Rhea nodded in thanks at the man and she sat back down as the servants brought the next course. Aemond sat close to her but his demeanour shifted as he heard Lucerys' snort when the servants lay a large silver tray with a pig in front of them. Lucerys laughed along his cousin and Rhea heard him whisper the words "pink dread", a large smile on his face as he challenged his uncle to a look fight, not lowering his gaze as the prince's teeth ground and his fist hit the table.

The whole room fell silent as the prince toasted to his nephews.

"Each of them handsome, wise...Strong," Aemond enunciated each word, insisting on the last one, being the name of the boys' alleged father, Ser Harwin Strong.

"Aemond," both Rhea and the Queen tried to reason with the prince unsuccessfully.

"I dare you to say that again," Jace shouted at him, his fists balled up.

Both the Velaryon brothers were standing up and Aemond soon strutted close to them, his own brother not too far behind. Daemon and Rhaenyra stood behind her sons and Rhea looked at them apologetically.

Jace threw a punch at his uncle's jaw which resulted in guards seizing him and his brother. The Velaryon boys struggled to try and escape the guards' holds, and Aemond continued his provoking as his mother rushed to his side to try and reason with him once more. Daemon stood between his own nephew and step-sons and him and the prince stared down at each other. Everyone in the room grew quiet, waiting to see what would unfold. Rhea placed her hands on her prince's arms, urging him to stand down but he nudged her away. She looked pleadingly at Rhaenyra who sent her sons away and stood behind her husband, cradling her bump.

Aemond grunted and left the room, the tension which had disappeared now back in full force.

"Best if we return to Dragonstone," Rhaenyra told the Queen.

"But you've only just arrived," the Queen pleaded with sorry eyes.

Rhaenyra paused to think, her gaze shifting between the Queen and the woman she had just betrothed to her brother. She felt a tug on her heartstrings as she watched Lady Rhea's hand resting on the Queen's and wished she could have been there more often. She sighed.

"Alright, let me just take the children back, and I will fly back on dragonback," Rhaenyra conceded.

"Lady Rhea, sister, I should really enjoy it if you paid me a visit on Dragonstone after your wedding, you might even stay for a little while."

"I would enjoy it too, Rhaenyra." She smiled. "And thank you."

The princess tilted her head.

"For suggesting I marry Aemond, I never thanked you."

Both women hugged and then parted as everyone said their goodbyes for the night. As Rhea left, she saw the King had brought a small replica of a dragon. She took it with her as she left and set it down on her nightstand.