One Flesh, One Heart, One Soul

Standing in front of her mirror with her handmaiden Marian, Lady Rhea turned to take one more look at the dresses laid out on her bed. They had all been commissioned by the Queen Mother as a gift for her wedding. One of them was blue, the same colour as the dresses she used to wear as a child, one of them was green, the same shade Helaena often wore, and two of them were white, with various details on them. Rhea ran her fingers on the different fabrics, trying to decide which gown she would wear. She felt like none of them truly fit her, truly matched her spirit and sat down, her shoulders slumped, on her bad as her handmaiden gave her a supportive smile.

"My lady, I was order to deliver this to you by the prince," a servant said, sliding their head through the doors of Rhea's chambers.

Rhea turned around, surprised, and her eyes sparkled as she saw the dress her handmaiden had taken from the servant's hands. It was a beautiful, long and flowy deep blood red dress with bells sleeves and golden flowers encrusted around the plunging neckline and on the sleeves. She gasped, her fingers running along the gorgeous gown she had been presented with.

"There was a note alongside it, my lady," the servant added, handing her the piece of parchment.

"My love," Rhea started reading out loud. "I had this dress made for you the day we shared our first kiss and never found the right moment to give it to you, until now. What better day for you to wear my gift than that of our wedding?"

She smiled, pressing the note against her heart. She then slid the gown on with Marian's help and rejoiced as she caught a glimpse of her reflection, the dress looked beautiful on her. Aemond had chosen it perfectly, she felt as if it mirrored her soul and she twirled, letting the gown float around her as she laughed happily. Her hair was down, except for two strands which had been tied in the back of her head in a loose braid. Looking in the mirror one last time before leaving, she realised she did not have her necklace on, the one her prince had gifted her and it came to her she had not seen it a days.

"Marian, have you seen my necklace?" she asked nervously.

"No, my lady," the girl shook her head.

"Great," Rhea said sarcastically. "Well, I will have to do without it today."

"Good luck, my lady," Marian said, waving her goodbye. "Have the most wonderful day."

Rhea, who had started walking away, turned to face her handmaiden and grabbed her hands, squeezing them.

"Come, stand in the crowd, Marian," Rhea offered. "Then at least someone would be my guest."

The handmaiden agreed gratefully and Rhea, along with four knights, walked out of the Red Keep and into her carriage, heading towards the Dragonpit. It dawned on her she would not be surrounded by the people she cared for as she had always dreamed she would on her wedding day. She had always pictured Rhaenyra and her sons there, as well as all her cousins, cheering her on as she would walk towards her future husband and she they would be able to share in her joy. No one from her House would be allowed anywhere near her, now. No one besides the Greens would be allowed near her any more, and, as much as she truly loved them, it filled her with great sadness to stand alone when she should have stood with her House and family. Refusing to cry, refusing to let her regrets, her wishes, to cast a shadow on the day she would finally become Aemond's wife, she took a deep breath and chose to focus on the positive.

As her carriage drew to a halt, she glanced outside, to see the great crowd which had gathered before the Dragonpit, around the platform which had been raised in front of the building. She could see Aemond already standing there, waiting for her by his mother's side, standing on Rhea's was Helaena. It warmed her heart to see her sister there, to see she was not so alone in the capital ultimately.