Brother, Sister

"My prince," a squire ran towards Aemond the next morning. "A letter from your mother."

The prince took the letter the man was handing him and turned back, entering his tent again. Rhea was still sleeping, her words resonating in Aemond's mind each time she looked at her. His heart doubled in size as she turned in bed, a peaceful smile on her sleepy face. She must be dreaming, he thought. He loved her so much, he even believed that, should she die before him, he would forsake all his own beliefs and bend the knee to the Blacks, let them have his head so he would not live in a world where she wasn't.

Sitting beside her, he placed a gentle hand on her legs over the covers and opened the letter. His eyes darted over his mother's handwriting, speeding over the contents.

"My son,

I must tell you of the arrival of Daeron back at the Keep, and how grateful I am you have let him stay beside me to ensure my protection. Should the need arise, he would, of course, join you. I wish for you to remain safe, and come back soon."

Aemond smiled sadly, he had allowed his younger brother to stay behind with their mother as a way to protect him as well. The boy had never seen real combat, he had never even participated in any tourneys. Sending him to battle would sign his death, and Aemond could not bring himself to do it. Rhea shifted beside him and opened her eyes, a satisfied smile on her face. She wrapped her arms around her prince's back, letting her head sit on his shoulder while he tapped his fingers rhythmically on her arms. For a moment, it felt as if they were back at the Red Keep, in the chambers they each resided in before they were married, a stolen moment like those they used to share.

"We have to move today, love," the prince reminded his wife who had just slid out of his bed and busied herself putting her clothes back on. He looked at her bare back, his eye coursing along her spine. How bad he wanted to throw all caution to the wind and trace his tongue on it, this instant. How bad he wanted to have her again.

Rhea turned to face him and she was back to her old self again, a stern look in her eyes and her brows in a knot.

"Aemond? I've just asked you a question," she stated, a bit irritated.

"Sorry, what was it?" He asked. Back to war it was, then.

"Will you fly there with me or will you ride there? Lead the men?" She asked as she looked at the pawns on the table.

He strode towards the table near her and gestured at the pawns, explaining what their plan for the day was. She nodded as she listened, focus and calm back at the forefront of her mind.

"And," he said readying himself as he knew what followed would displease her. "I will ride there. You will lead our dragons, on Sapphire's back...along with Aegon."

She shook her head, she was obviously disgruntled and she crossed her arms over her chest angrily.

"No." She refused, her voice strong and her gaze just as much, fixated in the prince's.

"Yes, you will," he ordered. "Aegon will fly alongside you, whether you like it or not. He is our King and it is important the troops still percieve him as such."

Rhea snickered.

"You have been more of a king then he ever was, even before," she asserted, her finger pointing at him. "Everyone knows that."

He looked away from her and back at the pawns.

"Don't make me say it," he pleaded and shook his head as she did not avert her eyes from him. "Rhea, please."