A truce?

"I might be an idiot, after all," Rhea spoke jokingly. "I fail to see how that would be a good idea."

Aemond had a serious look about his face, he glanced at her sternly, more than he had intended to, and her smile fell from her face, back to looking as austere as she had the last month. His heart sank as he placed a strong hand on her shoulder.

"You have once flown there and left unharmed, I am counting on Rhaenyra's affection for you to-"

"Counting on Rhaenyra's affection? What are you, drunk?"

"I believe my sister to be a reasonable woman. I believe-"

"You're sending me to your enemy based on a belief?" Rhea scoffed, turning her back to him. He couldn't possibly be that blind.

"My enemy, not yours," he simply retorted.

"Yes, right, because they are going to see the difference, sure, Aemond."

"They once did."

"Yes, and they killed an innocent woman and her child."

Rhea couldn't believe what she was saying, she could not believe it had all resulted in this, in a such a short span. It had not even been a whole year since Viserys' death and all their lives had turned to such a shitshow.

"But they wouldn't kill you, Rhea. You know I am right," Aemond stepped in front of her, both his arms on her shoulders, squeezing them.

He was sure of this, he would have bet his soul on it, even.

"If you're commanding me, then, yes, I will go," Rhea answered as if she had not been talking to her husband, but as her King, and he hated it. She was more to him than just a pawn to place in the wicked game his family was playing, she must have known that.

"I'm not-"

"Aemond, I don't think we have time to discuss as we once did. If you need me to do something, then tell me. I will do it, and then, once I get back, if I get back, we might have a chance at a normal life." Rhea spoke fast, walking towards the dragonpit as she asked him more information on what she had to do.

Aemond watched as his wife climbed on her dragon's saddle, looking fierce and focused, she had changed into her flying gear, a pair of black trousers along with one of his leather shirts he always wore, one with silver buckles. She had tied her dagger, in its sheath, at her hip on one side, and her sword, a family heirloom, on the other. Her hair was braided tightly and her eyes were dark, she looked like she was going to war, he thought. She might have to, should this day prove unfruitful. He hoped to all the gods she wouldn't have to, he wouldn't have to.

"I hope you're right, Aemond," she said with a serious face. "I hope we get to see each other again."

Aemond took a deep breath trying to conceal his nervousness, he hated that he had to send her, but she was the only one he could send. Out of all of them, she was the only one Rhaenyra would not have beheaded on sight. He hoped he was right, too.

"Be safe, please," he said honestly. "And come back to me."

"I'll try," she answered as Sapphire took off.

Without looking back, Rhea left the Dragonpit and flew over King's Landing, darting over the city as she clamped her dragon's saddle, trying to keep her fearfulness at bay.

Nearing the island on which the Blacks resided, Rhea and Sapphire began their descent, the wind slapping her face and the air from the sea filling her nose. She stroke her dragon lovingly as she spoke to him in High Valyrian, soothing him, telling him she would be fine. She repeated the same phrases over and over, as a way too appease her own nervousness as well. As they touched ground, they were welcomed by an impressive amount of guards, all armed for war, standing all the way to the main gates. They had seen her coming from afar, surely.