Reckless

For two years now, the realm had been plunged into war. Countless men, women and children been sent to die under one ruler or the other's banners, for one or the other's glory and legacy. The first real battle took place a mere week after the butchering of Helaena and her children. The King's men had been gathered and, along with Princess Rhea and her dragon, they carried an attack on Dragonstone, laying siege there for over a month. The Black Queen, when hearing what had happened in King's Landing, fled her home and gained Winterfell just as the first Green troops entered the insular castle. The princess had elected the place as her new residence, stating that if the Blacks wished to take it back, they would have to take her head first. In truth, she simply could not stand the sight of the Red Keep any more, after the horrors which had taken place there.

From then on, each time partisans from one side or the other met, anywhere, anytime, blood would be drawn. Prince Jacaerys and Vermax, his dragon, had perished in one of those encounters. They were struck by hundreds of arrows and almost made it through, but as the prince's hands let go of his saddle, Vermax collapsed, taking the man with him, crashing on one of the Black's campsites. His death was a great loss, both strategically and personally. He was a good man, a good prince, and would be sorely missed among both greens and blacks. Still, in war, there was no more time to grieve as the list of deceased kept growing longer and longer. The only Velaryon son remaining was Joffrey, who was now about the same age as his brother Lucerys when he died.

Rhaenyra, fearing retaliation for the deaths of Aegon's trueborn children and bastard daughter, had sent her sons Aegon the Younger and Viserys away, safe in Essos as wards of a noble family. Rhea was not interested in them, she had no interest in murdering innocent boys, children who could barely form complete sentences.

Aegon had finally succumbed to his sadness and had completely forsaken his duties as King, leaving his brother in charge of his armies. As his general, Aemond proved a fierce leader, a clever strategist and with his wife as his second in command, they won several key battles.

Rhaenyra had chosen to keep Daemon alive after his reckless actions, and for that, she paid a great price. She had lost her home and two of her sons, and she would not loose her husband as well. In Winterfell, along with their greatest allies, the Starks, she lead her armies confidently as more people had eventually sided with her as their rightful Queen.

Dorne still had not declared for anyone, choosing to remain as impartial as the situation allowed. The Stormlands remained loyal to the Crown, and with their loyalty came a great deal of men, trained in battle and ready to do anything their King asked.

The Crownlands were tricky, given they were the seat of Houses Velaryon and Celtigar, both which had sided with Rhaenyra. They were also the seat of the Greens, in King's Landing and, now, Dragonstone. Aemond, at the head of the King's army, had ensured no fight would take place there, especially not between Rhea's troops and her cousin's, Orys. Still, the princess patrolled the skies daily in search of any valuable piece of information to report to him daily.

Their troops marched towards Winterfell now.

As Rhea landed in their campsite not far from Harrenhal -their Lord sworn to them as he was Queen Alicent's trusted advisor-, she leapt off Sapphire's saddle and strode into prince Aemond's tent. He was focused, hard at work, trying to come up with a new strategy in case his previous one failed.

"I'm still not sure all of us leaving our headquarters at the same time is such a great idea, Aemond," Rhea stated sternly as she cleaned dirt off her boots. "Surely they'll send people to take King's Landing and Dragonstone."

Aemond gestured for her to come closer, his hand wavering above his makeshift map of Westeros. Pawns of all the Great Houses and significant people were placed on it.