Arrow

Rushing out of the Dragonpit, Lady Rhea, accompanied by Ser Willard whose sword was drawn out still in anguish, entered her carriage and waited eagerly for their departure to gain the safety of the Red Keep. Her heart was pounding and she was sure it would soon burst out of her chest. The Queen Mother, her daughter and newly crowned King rode in a separate carriage which had already left. Aemond rushed to sit beside his betrothed, urging the driver to leave at once. Princess Rhaenys and her dragon were already far from King's Landing and the Greens had to formulate a game plan. They had not foreseen Rhaenyra to be made aware of her brother's coronation just yet. They had wanted Aegon's claim to be solidified before he himself would have flown to Dragonstone and ask his sister to swear loyalty to him. Rhaenys' escape challenged everything.

Rhea wished she could have spoken to Rhaenys, she wished she could have gotten a message delivered to Rhaenyra. Aemond placed a protective hand on her thighs, his eye seeking hers as a way to ensure she was fine, his fingers digging in her skin. He was scared. Rhea placed her hand atop his and smiled at him in an attempt to comfort him, trying to convey all her strength to him.

"Rhaenyra will not let this stand," Rhea thought out loud, a large lump forming in her throat.

"I will not let them harm you, my lady," her prince promised.

Rhea's eyes averted from his and she closed her eyes for a second, her hand squeezed his a bit tighter than normal and she wiped a tear from her eye.

"Neither will I let them hurt you, Aemond. I swear it."

Ser Willard watched as the betrothed tried to reassure each other, distress and anguish visible on their faces, but both of them concealing it behind a mask of strength and resolution.

"When we reach the Keep, I will most probably be needed by my brother's side," the prince stated as he looked out the small window of the carriage. "He will need all the advice and support I can give him."

Rhea nodded in agreement and remained silent for the rest of the journey.

As she arrived, Ser Willard escorted her back to her chambers and told her he would not move for the rest of the day to ensure her safety, should anyone loyal to princess Rhaenyra still be in the castle. She thanked the man and sat in front of her desk, a quill in her hand, writing letters to members of her House to summon them to the Red Keep, as the Queen had ordered her before leaving the Dragonpit. She wrote to her cousins, urging them to pick a side, not stating whose she was on and to declare for their candidate wisely, as repercussions were sure to follow, whoever they sided for. She then sent out ravens to relay her messages, thinking of how her life had taken a turn in just a week.

"My lady, a letter for you," Ser Willard stated, handing the Lady a piece of parchment paper sealed with the Velaryon sigil.

Rhea grimaced.

"Ser Willard, how might I be sure I can trust you?" she asked, dreading she might be accused ot treason if anyone saw she received word from the Velaryons.

"My lady, I am sworn to you. I am a man of my word, if I ever betrayed you, I would let you kill me gladly," the man stated solemnly. "No one knows about the letter but you and I."

She nodded and tore the wax seal with her fingers.

"Lady Rhea,

Although I wished things would have been different, I am confident you know what you are doing, siding with the Greens.

I will not try and sway you from your decision, as I am writing to you merely as a woman and friend of Rhaenyra's. It is with a heavy heart I must inform you the Queen, as it is now her rightful title, has miscarried the child she was bearing.