Dinner

Once the matter had been settled, the King returned to his chambers and remained there until it would be time to have dinner with his family, as it had been planned. He was looking forward to seeing his whole family reunited once more, as the last time it had happened was at his ward's nameday tourney such a long time ago now. Lady Rhea, sick to her stomach, excused herself and took to bed as well, flashes of Vaemond Velaryon's head rolling on the floor coming to her each time she closed her eyes. Would this day ever stop? Two men had died today and she prayed to all seven gods not another soul would perish. She remained under her covers for a few hours until she was awoken by her handmaiden Marian.

"My lady, 'tis time for you to get ready for dinner," she spoke softly. "I took the liberty to lay out a few dresses I thought you might like to wear tonight."

Rhea rose from her bed and grabbed the cup her handmaiden handed to her, she took a sip and relaxed as she felt the water travel from her mouth to her stomach.

"Are you alright, my lady? I heard what happened in the Throne Room earlier. It must have been shocking to witness." The young red-haired woman spoke softly.

Her and her Lady Rhea had a friendly relationship, and they both sometimes confided in the other. Marian had been taking care of the King's ward for five years now, and it allowed them to speak freely with one another as they had built a mutual trust.

"I must admit there have been a lot more beheadings than I would like these days," Rhea stated with an uneasy laugh.

"I heard your suitor was killed this morning, too. I am sorry, he was a nice man."

Rhea smiled at her.

"He was," she concluded. "I'd like to wear my brooch tonight, my mother's, Marian."

The handmaiden looked for the brooch and handed it to her, it was a silver crab with her mother's name engraved on it. Rhea traced her fingers over the lettering.

"Galatea is truly a beautiful name, my lady," Marian said smiling.

"I often find myself thinking about her, you know. She died giving birth to me, my father never truly recovered from it. He had this constant reminder of his loss, walking, talking and looking like her."

Rhea changed out of her dress and slipped on a cream coloured one, it had hints of red on the end of its long sleeves and around the bottom of its hem. It had quite a low cut and it accentuated her chest tastefully, a line of deep red around the collar as well. She attached the brooch on her breast and her handmaiden brushed her hair, bringing it in a half up-do, letting the length of her hair sit on her shoulders.

"Thank you, Marian. You always know how to style my hair," Rhea said as the two of them left her quarters.

"Anytime, my lady," the handmaiden bowed her head.

Aemond exited his own quarters just as Rhea passed them and they walked together to join the rest of his family. Aemond was dressed in all black, as he often was, his leather shirt clinging to his toned chest perfectly. He turned his head towards his lady and his lips stretched into a genuine smile.

"You look wonderful, tonight, Rhea," he voiced.

"Thank you, so do you, Aemond," she thanked him, sliding her hand into his.

"Are you-"

"I-"

They both spoke at the same time. Aemond gestured for her to go on.

"I was about to say," she smiled. "I hope no surprises come of tonight, I think we all need to unwind a little, after the hellish day we've all had. What were you going to say?"