Talk of Betrothals

Pressed against one another, Lady Rhea and Prince Aemond whispered sweet words in each other's ears. Aemond ran his index finger along his lady's jawline and gave her quick pecks on the lips. They had been standing like this in silence for a little while and relished in the other's presence, being able to behave how they wanted, all alone in the darkness of the Dragonpit, they knew no one would come looking for them here.

"Aemond, it is time for me to settle back to reality," Rhea's voice echoed.

He clenched his fists around the fabric of her dress, remaining silent, waiting for her to rip the gauze off and expose his wound.

"I have made my decision. Should Prince Tobias offer-"

He turned his back to her and put some distance between them, walking a few paces.

"Don't say it, please."

"Aemond," she pleaded, catching up to his, her hand closing on his wrist.

He didn't turn to face her and she could see his teeth grinding.

"I am walking back to the Red Keep, feel free to wait for him here." Aemond spat.

"Should he offer, I will marry him. He's a great match for a Lady coming from a House like mine."

"Your House is a great one, you have worked hard for its glory to be restored, and you've succeeded. I don't want to hear any more of this." Aemond cut her off before walking away for good, leaving her alone.

Mere moments after the Prince left, Rhea heard the dornish prince's voice call for her and she quickly tidied herself and dried her eyes before walking over to him, a torch in her hand.

"Prince Tobias, come," she spoke loudly, trying to sound as confident and welcoming as she could.

The man strode towards her and followed her lead through the pit. He looked curious, asking questions as Lady Rhea answered them happily. They quickly reached Sapphire's preferred corner of the pit and the young woman called him. The sounds of his heavy steps resonated as he came closer and stopped before them. The beast grunted and stretched itself, lowering his head so Rhea could stroke it.

"Se, zaldrizes syz iksa, nuha taoba," the young woman spoke in High Valyrian, stroking the dragon's head lovingly.

"What...what did you say to him, my lady?" Tobias asked.

Rhea smiled and turned to him, gesturing him to come closer.

"I said, "yes, you're a good dragon, my boy", dragons tend to like it more when spoken to in their mother tongue," she answered.

"And you speak it?"

She nodded.

"It is also my mother tongue. Something the Targaryens, Velaryons and us Celtigars have in common. Something our ancestors took with them when fleeing Valyria." She spoke softly.

"I find it to be a rather impressive language. It sounds..."

"I think it sounds homey. It sounds like home, to me, at least."

"I was about to say it sounds stern and foreign," the man laughed.

Rhea joined in his laugh.

"I can imagine why, Tobias. I could teach you, so it wouldn't sound so cold," she offered.

The man agreed, claiming he would enjoy speaking to dragons in their mother tongue, maybe he might even bind himself to one.

"Hah, I'm sure you would make an excellent rider, my lord," Rhea laughed again.