Boat

"Princess, I was offered to be a Handmaiden for the Lady of Winterfell, back home, and you know how I miss the North," Marian's voice echoed through the halls as she walked with Rhea who was still trying to convince her to remain with her in King's Landing.

The princess sighed wistfully, it pained her to see her friend leave, but she had to let her go, for her own good. She simply could not keep her there if her intent was to leave.

"Let me at least allow you to travel comfortably, Marian," Rhea offered. "I'll arrange for a boat to welcome you on board, you'll have a room of your own, a nice bed and a meal every day, that way."

"I cannot accept, princess," Marian shook her head.

"It is the least I can do, my friend." Rhea squeezed her hands amicably and instructed her to meet her in the port later that day along with her belongings.

The two women bid goodbye to one another and Rhea made her way to Helaena and her children, finally enjoying some rest and taking time to see those she loved. As she entered the Queen's quarters, Rhea laid eyes on Alicent for the first time since she had fainted the previous week, at her father's trial. The woman looked forlorn, a star of the Seven in her hands as she looked out the window. It was a truly desolate image. She didn't even look up when Rhea greeted her, barely mumbling something in return. This would pass, eventually, but it was tough seeing such a strong woman look so broken for a horrible man's death.

Helaena greeted her warmly, her son Maelor in her arms. The boy was his father's, and his mother's, spitting image, his silver hair starting to grow longer than his shoulders and his violet eyes glinting with joy at the sight of his beloved aunt. As she took the boy in her arms, she was welcomed by the twins, running at her and clutching at hers legs, one on each side. Helaena looked glad of the break and smiled lovingly at the scene.

"They have always loved you, Rhea," she said softly, ruffling Jaehaerys' hair.

"That's because I always bring gifts, don't I?" Rhea laughed, looking in the children's direction with a caring smile. "Speaking of which.."

She then put Maelor back in his mother's arms and showed them the bag she had taken with her, revealing new toys she had made for the children, and sweets the kitchen had freshly made after she asked them, as well.

"See, this is why they like you," Helaena laughed.

"There is also something for us in it, sister," Rhea raised an eyebrow playfully. "Here."

She handed her friend the bottle of wine she had in the bag and the Queen's face lit up.

"And this is why I love you," she laughed and Rhea joined her, filling two cups for them.

Both women sat down and talked while the children played, sometimes sitting down on the floor with them to play along, for the better part of the day. As the afternoon drew to its end, Rhea was sat with her legs crossed while Helaena tried to cheer her mother up, having sat down next to her and talking softly. The princess had Jaehaera sat on her lap, listening to the stories the little girl had invented.

"You know, my sweet love," Rhea started, a hand running in the girl's hair lovingly, placing a soft kiss atop her head. "Just like your mama, you are the only girl among two brothers. Of course your Uncle Daeron came along a little while later, but still."

The girl frowned and put her small hand on her aunt's cheek.

"Mama had a sister, too," she said strongly, crossing her tiny arms across her chest.