Brothel

Lady Rhea was awoken by the sound of someone knocking on her doors, the next morning. She sprung up as she realized Prince Aemond was still sleeping next to her, his whole body intertwined with hers. Another knock was heard and Rhea shook her prince awake.

"Aemond," she whispered. "Aemond, wake up!"

The man grunted and turned in the bed.

"There's someone at the door, Aemond."

"Let them in, I don't care." The prince finally answered sleepily.

"You're still in my bed, Aemond," Rhea simply stated and she had to put her hand on her mouth to stop herself from laughing as she watched her prince spring up and struggle to put his clothes on in a hurry.

"My lady, is everything alright?" a voice asked behind the doors.

Rhea rose to her feet, laughing, a tear in her eye as Aemond fumbled about the room to find a place to hide. She pointed the window which led to her balcony and the prince hurried there just as Rhea opened her door to be greeted by servants coming to bring her breakfast.

As soon as they left, Aemond returned inside and closed the window behind him.

"Did anyone see you out there?" Rhea asked, handing him a piece of fruit.

"No," the prince answered, popping the fruit in his mouth. "I should be off, go back to my own quarters."

He planted a soft kiss on his lady's forehead and smiled as he left her chambers, walked through the corridor and gained his own chambers.

Rhea was left to reminisce about the previous night, love bites left behind by the prince all over her body. She blushed as she remembered every little detail, getting dressed and going out for the day. As she headed to the King's quarters, she crossed paths with the Hand.

"My lady," he bowed his head. "The King is expecting you today."

"Lord Hand, hello," Rhea answered. "Thank you. Might we speak while I walk there?"

The man nodded.

"I remember my father had once told me you, him and the King had all grown up together."

"Yes, we were childhood friends. Then we became men and our friendships remained."

"His Grace often seek my father's advice, did he not? Almost as much as he sought yours, right?"

The Hand nodded.

"As I said, we were friends. I miss him dearly. Which is why I am so glad my grand-children and you had the opportunity to grow up together. I'm sure your father would have enjoyed watching it, too."

Rhea smiled weakly at the man. They came to a stop before the King's doors and the Hand bid her an awkward goodbye. Inside the room, the King was laying in bed again, as he did not leave it any more. Prince Aegon was sitting near his father, his oldest son sat on his lap and a nurse had baby Maelor in her arms. The three of them spoke pleasantly and carried on with their conversation as Lady Rhea strode closer to them.

"Ah, my child," the King said happily in her direction. "I had a lovely talk with the young Martell son, Tobias I believe, yesterday night. It gladdens my heart to think you will soon wed."

Rhea shot an anxious look at Aegon who turned his head to her, his smile fading.

"We don't know that yet, father. The man only asked you for her hand, Lady Rhea has not agreed to it, yet." Aegon reminded his father.

Rhea nodded thankfully in his direction and he nodded again, urging her to come next to him. He leant and whispered in her ear.

"There is still time to back out of it, my friend."