Lucerys Velaryon

A week had passed since the attempt on her life and Aemond's return from Storm's End. Rhea could now walk without feeling excruciating pain. Guards were still posted by her door at all times and Aemond almost never left her alone for more than half an hour now, making time to ensure she walked around the gardens at least once a day, bringing her to see the maesters. He swore that, next time he would leave, she would accompany him, whether his brother wished her to or not.

When she was alone, Rhea received visits from their family and her handmaiden Marian, and she knew Aemond missionned them to visit her when he was not there, so she would never be out of trusted people's sight. Refusing to let herself fall victim to anything, and anyone, Rhea had made it a point to let the Hand know she was recovering very well, as the wounds had not been deep enough to cause her any real damage and she planned to tell the Hand she wished to see him, once she was strong enough. She was adamant on not letting him, of all people, perceive her as scared. If he wanted her dead, she would not go easily.

Her chainmail was still missing, however and nowhere to be found, which she believed it to be no coincidence. The maesters had ordered her to take things easy. She was recovering quite well, yes, but she was to be careful if she did not want the stitches in her body to reopen.

This particular day, Aemond had, as most days this week, to meet with the Green Council for a reason she did not know and her husband would not tell her, claiming it was to be kept secret for now. As she took her daily walk in the gardens with Helaena, along with her children, Rhea could hear the prince's voice raising through the rows of trees, and she frowned as she heard him demand she be kept from whatever he was talking about.

"What is this about, Helaena?" Rhea asked, concerned.

Helaena turned away slightly, staying silent for a short while as she tried to find something to say. She knew, of course, as did everyone in court, but she swore to her brother she would not mention it to his wife.

"I do not know," Helaena simply stated, hating that she had to lie to her friend about such thing.

Rhea sighed, and both women carried on with their walk.

"Brother, let me tell her," Aemond's voice rose again, and, this time, Rhea hastened her pace to try and find her husband.

"It has been a week, Aemond. Consequences are sure to follow sooner than later, and it is beginning to become harder than ever to keep her from finding out," Aegon's voice soon echoed as loud as his brother's.

Rhea felt her heart pound in her chest as she turned a corner and found herself among the King and the prince, Helaena jogging behind her to catch her before she could see them, her shoulders slumping as she failed. She looked at all their uneasy faces, their bodies tensing up as she urged them to speak.

"What is it?" Rhea spoke. "If there is something I should be made aware of, I would appreciate it. I don't enjoy being kept from important matter, you know."

Helaena stood beside her, exchanging a knowing look with her brother-husband.

"Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, come, let us leave your aunt and uncle alone," Aegon ordered as he took his children by the hand, leading them, and his wife, away.

Aemond slid his hands around Rhea's waist, keeping them there as he led her to a nearby bench so she could sit. She sat, her face contorting in pain as she felt a sting in her lower back. She must have overdone it and her body made her feel it. She placed her own hand on her back to soothe her pain and nodded to her husband.

"Do go on, Aemond." She urged him, her blue eyes scanning his anxious face.

The man planted a long kiss on her forehead and cleared his throat, the same look in his eye as the day he came back from Storm's End, one of anguish and regret, as she would soon understand it.