Epilogue : Legacy

Aemond and Rhea's bodies washed up ashore Dragonstone two days later, the fatal arrow still in place, keeping them together even in death. Upon learning of their King and Queen's deaths, the remaining Greens had no choice but to bend the knee to the Black Queen, Rhaenyra, and acknowledge she had been the rightful heir all this time.

Rhaenyra Targaryen, first of her name, ruled for a little under twenty years, an illness took her in the end, and she died in her bed surrounded by her sons, their wives, and grand-children. People in all corners of the Realm grieved for their Queen and all claimed she would be terribly missed for she had been a fair ruler, a good one. She never took another husband, Prince Daemon's death left a huge gap and she never wanted to fill it, she had loved her uncle all her life and no man would ever compare. Even with the mistakes he made, which ultimately led to the Dance of the Dragons, Rhaenyra kept loving Daemon long after his passing, and until her own.

Throughout her life as a monarch, Rhaenyra, however sad and regretful about how things ended between them, often mentioned her beloved sister, Rhea, to her children. How the previous Queen valued duty and honour above all else, even above herself. How, in the end, she stood by the man she loved through anything. Rhaenyra never uttered a bad word about the woman she had often wished would have survived the Dance. Not once.

In a private, secret, ceremony, Rhea and Aemond were sent on their last journey together, on Claw Isle. Rhaenyra, along with her new Hand Orys Celtigar, made sure the former King and Queen's most prized possessions embarked on that journey with them, hence why Aemond's sapphire encrusted dagger and Rhea's necklace were never found, although people searched for them for long. They could have been sold for a lofty price, but the Queen believed her sister and brother would have wished to keep them.

That day was the last Sapphire was seen; he lit the funeral pyre and let out a heart-wrenching shriek before eventually taking flight away from Westeros forever.

Rhaenyra flew Syrax above the ruins of Old Valyria and dispersed their ashes there herself, ensuring their dream of seeing it together had finally come true, and, when her son Aegon married her Hand's daughter, Rhea, they, in turn, flew there as a sort of pilgrimage, to pay homage to the two people whose story had already been made into a well-known and loved song, people who, indirectly and unknowingly, shaped the way they were taught and the people they became.

House Celtigar would always take pride in Rhea, the first, and her devotion, her portrait forever watching over future generations in the great hall of Claw Isle, her name now a traditional one among them.

She hadn't lived very long, but the mark she left on the world was bigger than she could ever have expected and she was greatly missed by the people who knew and loved her.

Upon Rhaenyra's death, her son Aegon the Younger was crowned King of the Seven Kingdoms. Him and his wife, Queen Rhea of Houses Celtigar and Targaryen, Orys' daughter, had a prosperous reign and their marriage was a happy and loving one. Their children then took on the legacy of the Targaryen House, and the rest is history. They, however, told the tale of a blue dragon often seen flying above Claw Isle, Dragonstone and King's Landing before returning to Essos every once in a while.  

(A/N : so there it is, the final chapter :') 

Thank you to everyone who spent their time reading the book, commenting and all that, you all made my day by simply doing that and I hope you've enjoyed reading it 🤍,

I know I'll miss writing it, and I might try and write and alternative ending, one that's not so sad lmao, if I feel like it eventually, but, yeah, for now, 

that's it 🤍🙂)