Justice

They woke up a few hours later, their bodies intertwined and Aemond's smile had still not left his lips. He kissed his wife's forehead, waking her up gently, his hand resting on her warm belly.

"Hmm," he grunted with a smile. "I know we will only find out at birth, but, I know my son is in there."

"What if it's a daughter?" Rhea asked maliciously.

Aemond looked at her, an amused smile on his lips.

"Then I'll love her just the same, I promise," he swore, kissing his wife. "But it is a boy, I feel it."

Rhea nodded, she was sure she carried a boy, too.

"My cousin named his two young children after me," Rhea announced both proud and sad. "I think I might name my son after myself, then." She laughed lightly.

Aemond could spend days listening to her laugh, watching how her eyes creased when she did, how her voice was slightly high when she spoke right after. He knew her completely and yet, she surprised him every day.

"I would have quite liked to honour my brother, but I'm afraid Aegon is an awfully overused name these days," Aemond smiled sadly.

"What about Daegon?" Rhea asked softly. "Daeron and Aegon?"

Aemond smiled and kissed her temple.

"Yes, Daegon it is," he agreed, his heart full. "And if it's a daughter, then?"

Rhea paused for a moment, thinking.

"Helaena, of course," she finally said, nostalgia overcoming her. "Little princess Helaena."

"Princess Helaena and future King Daegon, I like that," Aemond smiled widely again. "Of course, we'll have to find more names when their siblings come, later, won't we?"

He kissed her again and she squeezed his side.

"Yes, we will, Aemond," she smiled and they started getting ready.

Aemond's face fell serious again and he turned to his wife with a worried gaze.

"Rhea? Promise me something, will you?" He asked, his brow furrowed.

"Whatever you want, love," Rhea promised.

"Stay away from the fighting today, please. Keep yourself and our child safe."

"But-"

"You said whatever I wanted, Rhea," Aemond cut her off with a cheeky grin and he became serious again. "This is what I want."

Her shoulders slumped, she was disappointed she couldn't stay by her husband's side like they said they would, but she wasn't the only person she had to worry about when fighting, now.

"You'll fly Sapphire and help from above, my love. I'll fly Vhagar, that way I can keep you close and safe," Aemond ordered.

As they left their tent and made their way to their dragons, they noticed not many men were ready to leave, and Aemond told his wife to fetch the dragons alone, while he had a word with their men, getting them ready to leave in less than an hour. They might have enjoyed their night a bit too much the previous night and Aemond cursed himself for telling them to.

Rhea arrived at the makeshift dragonpit and she cried out in shock as all their dragons had been beheaded in the night. Vhagar, Sunfyre and Dreamfyre were dead. This was the Blacks' doing, she was sure of it. Sapphire was nowhere to be seen and she began calling his name, shouting, which caused Aemond to run to her and his face contorted in an angry expression as his eye fell upon the scene.