Throne Room

Leaving her adopted sister's side, Lady Rhea's mind was filled with thoughts of revenge, thoughts fuelled only by anger. She stomped angrily towards the Queen's chambers, wanting to warn her about her own father, but thought against it. She had to be wise in her way to handle this situation, it was best if she and Rhaenyra were the only two people to know of their suspicions. Trying to steady her racing mind, Rhea slowed her pace, drawing deep breaths as she now made her way to the courtyard.

There, she stood far from the gathered crowd and watched the princes train with Ser Criston. Their moves were swift, anyone could see they were good, great even, at fighting. Noticing Lady Rhea's presence in the corner of his eye, prince Aegon called her name.

"Care to join us, my lady?" The prince asked with a grin.

"Not today, I'm afraid, my prince," Rhea answered with a bow.

"Ah, very well. That's too bad, I would have enjoyed kicking your ass," the prince laughed at the lady's vexed look.

She laughed along with him and, for a second, forgot she was even angry at the prince's grandsire.

"Have you welcomed your sister?" Rhea inquired.

"No, but there will be plenty of time at dinner tonight. We are all to attend, my lady," Aegon spoke loudly as he gestured away from his brother's sword.

"I shall see you then, Aegon," the lady walked away slowly, her chin raised. Her fists were balled up as she felt anger rise in her chest again.

"Lady Rhea, wait up," Aemond's voice rose from behind her as he trotted towards her, his hair floating about his head.

She turned to face him and they began walking, his body inching closer to her as they got away from the small crowd outside.

"Today has been an eventful one, has it not?" The prince's voice inquired.

Rhea nodded lightly.

"A bit too eventful for my liking, I would say," she laughed half-heartedly. "When I left my chambers this morning, I thought I would only have to agree to a betrothal. Nothing more. I realise now how far from the truth I was."

She had a bitter smile on her face and she turned to face Aemond.

"I do believe you, by the way," she admitted.

The prince sighed in relief and gently brushed her arm.

"I should have been packing for Dorne, right now and instead I-"

She stopped when looking upon the prince's face. His jaw was clenched, his teeth grinding.

"I'm sorry, let us talk of the matter no longer," she offered.

"Please," the prince answered with a smile. "Have you seen my sister, then?"

"I have. It is a joy to have her so close, I missed her a great deal."

"I'm sure," the prince stated, his hand brushing along her arm now.

Looking around to make sure no one would see it, she stood on the tip of her toes and planted a sweet, quick peck on the prince's cheek. He rose his hand to the small of her back and pressed her against him slightly.

"I know we said we'd speak no more of it," the Lady began softly.

The prince grunted as his eye rolled.

"But, I, too, am relieved. Although I do wish the poor man did not have to die such a gruesome death, I am slowly coming to realise it means I get to kiss you one more day," she added in a whisper.