18.) Devistation

Before he could say anything else Steve and the rest of the group walked out to where we were.

Bucky frowned and stood up immediately, setting me on my feet. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"There's been a problem at the warehouse." Steve tells us.

Bucky frowned, "So, have Walker handle it." He tells them.

Steve shook his head. "That's the thing Hoskins and Walker were wounded. We need to head out." He tells him firmly.

Bucky sighs, turning me towards him. "Looks like you'll get your girls weekend after all. We'll be back as soon as this shit is handled if not, then I'll see you at home, okay? I love you. Be a good girl for daddy." He says kissing my forehead.

I frown, smacking him in the arm, causing him to gasp and stare at me in surprise. "You don't get to say you love me before you fucking leave to handle shit. That sounds like a fucking goodbye. Handle that shit and come back to me. Show me how much you love me by doing that." I growl.

He gives me a feral look, before kissing me fervently. "I do love you. And I will be back to show you how much. Now, give me a fucking kiss and tell me you love me." He orders, pulling my hips to his.

"I love you, Barnes. Now, go take care of shit so you can come back and take care of me." I whisper to his ear and kiss his cheek.

Steve shakes his head and pulls Bucky away, pushing him in the direction of the guest house.

"Tony is going to stay here with you girls, we'll be back as soon as possible." Howard told us.

The four men take the smaller car and disappear into the night leaving us worried and standing on the back porch.

Peggy wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me inside as the car disappears from our view.

We had all packed and placed the luggage in the car, before Tony moved the car to the back of the guest house to hide from view.

The only thing left were the clothes we were wearing.

We all decided to sleep in the living room to be safe.

Sometime during the night, Tony woke us all up and rushed us to the car as shots began to ring out.

We got in and he sped out through a back road I didn't know existed as Peggy called Steve.

Tony took us to a safe house somewhere in the middle of the woods.

Clint Barton, and Pietro Maximoff met us there.

I could feel my head pounding as they led us to a room.

There were two beds, and a sofa bed.

"We'll stay here for the next forty eight hours. Then we'll head home." Tony tells us as Barton walks into the room speaking on the phone.

His face pales and his eyes flicker to mine, and he responds something quick in Russian.

Tony is pale as he leans over and speaks to Peggy quietly.

Peggy gasps as she blinks and nods in response.

"What?! What is wrong? Did something happen to my dad? To Bucky? What's wrong?" I demand on the edge of hysteria.

"The lake house was set on fire. It was burned to the ground." Tony informs me.

I almost feel relieved as I nod at them in response. But something isn't right here.

"Okay, so why did you guys pale?" I asked.

Peggy stands up and walks towards me as I pace anxiously.

"It's Rumlow. He found out Bucky was behind the accident that killed Katherine and Logan and he tried to come after us." She explained.

I frown, "I thought you had just started planning?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Bucky works fast. All he needed was to make a call. The break line was cut inconspicuously from their car, and they were heading down a hill. They crashed into a semi truck. The car was completely destroyed." She told me.

I frowned, feeling unsurprised. "Alright so, they're dead. What is wrong?" I asked.

"Rumlow ambushed them. The guys took out Rumlow's men pretty quickly but…" she hesitated.

"What?" I asked.

"Bucky was taken." She finally told me.

I blinked in surprise. "I don't— I don't understand." I whispered.

"It means Rumlow's men got a hold of him, and he's as good as dead." She finally said.

As she told me this I feel myself go numb and darkness swims in my vision.

***

When I woke up sometime later alone in the room.

As I silently made my way towards the kitchen, I could hear them all talking in hushed voices.

"Why can't we just tell her? She is stronger than she looks. You all need to stop treating her like a fragile child. She practically took you down by herself, Barton." Sharon argued.

"She hasn't been exposed to this type of thing for long. You can't just shove her into this shit fest and expect her to swim through it all." Tony argued.

"So, what we're going to hide the fact that someone's died, and that someone else is missing?" She retorts.

I gasp, feeling the blood in my face fall to my feet.

"Sienna?" Peggy calls.

I walk over to them, "Who?" I ask.

"Who what?" Clint asks as he hands me a glass of whiskey.

"Who is dead and who is missing?" I asked.

"Bucky and Lamar." He replies.

I can feel my breath come in and out of me quickly as my hand around the glass crushes the glass.

I can feel numbness seeping into me like cold water has been dumped over me.

Clint quickly grabs the first aid kit and pulls out all the glass from my hand, and bandages it before I hurry into the room and lock myself in it.

A gut wrenching sob rips from my lips as I fall to my knees by the door.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Everything I love and care about always gets ripped away from me.

Why? Does this happen?

First my дедушка and then бабушка. Then Yasmira. No, this has to be some sort of mistake.

I refuse to believe that he is gone. He can't be gone!!!

I won't accept it. I can feel it. He's not gone.

As I made that conscious decision, I felt my resolve strength.

He said he would come back to me come hell or high high water. He has to come back.

So, why did this pain feel like it was going to kill me? Why couldn't I stop crying?