36.) Epilogue

It had been a few years since the birth of our princess, Blair. It was summer, and the weather was nice, the kids were out of school so we decided to come back up to the house in the South Hamptons for a small vacation until Bucky could get some time off.

I had taken the kids, and drove up with Clint a few days ago.

It was the seventh day we had been out here, and Bucky finally drove up three days ago.

We were walking on the beach, waiting for lunch time. I had made my way over to help Sybil, our new cook, set up the table for lunch, while the kids continued to run around with Bucky.

Once we  were all sitting down to eat lunch when Teddy turned to look up at Bucky with a curious expression. "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?" He asked him as he bit into the grilled cheese sandwich.

Bucky smirked as he leaned forward, his hand falling in my knee, and giving it a squeeze, "I don't know son, I'm still paying for it." He replied amused.

I gasped, narrowing my eyes at him, before turning to look at Theo, as Blair busied herself, playing with her macaroni and cheese while Theo turned to look at me.

"Momma?" He asked.

"Yes, baby?" I asked with a smile.

"What does daddy mean by that?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, baby. But you just learned two things, one is that your father has stupid jokes, and the other is…That you're never too old to learn something stupid." I told him with a smile.

"So, daddy doesn't know how much it costs to get married?" He asked, confused.

I tapped my nose with my finger and winked, laughing as Bucky looked at me offended.

"Hey, don't look at me like that, you know it's true." I told him, laughing now.

"Папе нужно преподать тебе еще один урок, как быть милым?" He asked me. (Does daddy need to teach you another lesson on how to be nice?)

I smirked at him, "Go ahead… try it." I told him.

"Don't patronize me, ангел." He mumbled as Theo frowned at him.

"Why is Daddy so mad?" Theo asked.

Blair rolled her eyes, "Because mom has been sassying him since you asked your stupid question." She told him with an eye roll.

"Oh… I guess I'll never find my answer." He mumbled.

"It depends on the people who are getting married, baby. One can cost a little and another can cost a lot. No two weddings is the same." I told him with a smile.

"Why are you suddenly interested in the cost of getting married, bud?" Bucky asked.

He looked at us with a frown, "Grant said that Gam and Poppop had a big wedding… that cost over seven hundred thousand. I just wanted to know how much yours cost…." He told us.

Bucky and I exchanged surprised looks, before he turned back, "Your mother and I got married under different …. circumstances… We didn't have a big lavish wedding. But we will one day. Son, it doesn't matter the cost, or how lavish it is. As long as it's the person you love, and cherish the rest doesn't matter." He told him.

I reached over and placed my hand on his back, squeezing his shoulder in silent agreement.

"Can I be the flower girl?" Blair asked.

I nodded, "Of course, you can, princess." I told her.

"Can I have a crown too?" She asked.

I nodded, "Of course." I replied.