We meet again and who is this?

Aryan reached Pagdandiya to uncover the truth behind the fake news story , he saved Imlie from a blast and realized that miss sugar and Imlie have a strong bond. Just as Imlie and Aryan get up from the ground someone arrives at the scene running towards Chini and her.

It was Raghav, he was Imlie's friend, her fellow reporter, her editor, her camera man, a brilliant social activist whose revolutionary ideas and plans had changed the face of Pagdandiyaa and nearby villages and he was Chini's dadda. Imlie and Raghav had met a year after her separation from Aryan, Raghav and Imlie met through work but soon became best friends, they were kindred spirits with similar passions for truth and betterment of society.

The village considered the duo as  a blessing. Chini had grown up with Raghav as her father figure, he also loved his little friend who he would often refer as Shona, on asking why he always called her Shona . He said she was like gold, glittery and strong! Raghav would often help Imlie with babysitting as she went on assignments, he was like Amma's son, they both got along like a house on fire. They did not know about Raghav and his family, he would often avoid talking about them and always said that Amma, Imlie and Chini were his family which the women whole heartedly accepted and agreed on ! Before Aryan could say anything Raghav enveloped Imlie and Chini, he hid them protectively in his long strong arms.

R-" are you ok Imlie? Chini Shona Tum thik ho na? " Imlie managed to squirm out of Raghav's arms after a minute.

I-" hum thik hai Raghu, Chini bhi thik hai, humka sacch mein chot nahi lagi hai!! Tum tension mat Lena please"

R-" Yaha Meri jaan Nikal gayi thi aur Tum kehti ho tension mat Lena?" Aryan stood silently and watched Raghav fuss over Imlie and Chini. He wondered if he was Imlie's husband and Chini's father since she called him dadda. Aryan prayed that this wouldn't be true , imlie finally turned to him.

I-"ABP, I mean sorry Mr Rathod, are you ok? Do you need to be taken to the hospital?"

A-" I'm ok thank you for asking, are you ok , looks like you're bleeding from your head"

R-" you two please talk later, please sit on this bench , let me stitch up your wounds" he dragged Imlie and Aryan and began treating them, Raghav was a trained paramedic in his past life and put his skills to work.

A-"sorry I don't think we have met yet, who are you?"

R-" My name is Raghav , I'm a freelancer reporter and work with Imlie to cover stories from nearby villages in UP and other northern states. There a few rural urban projects that I work on too and Collaborate with a few NGOs In Delhi and Mumbai " Aryan felt relieved to hear he was not Imlie's husband or Chinis father, he realized that Chini was Imlie's adopted daughter and there was a pure love between them, Aryan felt sad that Imlie had replaced their dead chiku with this girl but Chini was so cute that he had could not help but lose his heart, the very moment he had met her. He felt hopeful that Imlie was still single, he felt a weird pull toward her, his heart wanted to fill her in his arms, kiss her forehead and declare to the world that this girl was his life, but his head was full of anger and hurt, he had lost his Chiku because of her reckless and impulsive behavior and she did not deserve a place in his life.

I-" Aryan are you planning on staying here to investigate the recent fraudulent charges s on a story in the village?" Aryan nodded and Imlie continued.

I-" Raghu and I are also working on that , we have a few leads that we could share with you." Aryan agreed to Imlie's suggestion and then Raghu interjected.

R-" where are you staying Mr Rathod? Not a lot of hotels around here as you know, you could stay with me, I have a humble home but the food service there is unbelievable " Raghu laughed after saying that and Chini also began giggling. Imlie was irked by Raghav's suggestion she did not want Aryan around, seeing him had brought back all the painful memories that she had buried deep in his heart. From taking one look at his face she realized that he was suffering too, deep down she loved him but she had buried her feelings after their separation so she could move on a die under the weight of being away from her ABP. She thought they were not meant for each other, their relationship had been a tumultuous one and she now had Chini to take care for, she couldn't risk the storm that Aryan and his love would bring in their lives. 

Aryan thanked Raghu and took him up on his offer. Raghav was a year older than Imlie, they had similar views on life and similar perspectives on most important things. Raghu was not aware of Imlie's past, he would see her pain, her silence always spoke a million words, her eyes had so many questions, he never probed in to her past and she did the same for him, that was their unspoken understanding. Imlie was his safe harbor, the moment he had met her, he was feeling hopeless and lost, he had found his purpose with Imlie the work they were doing for the villagers was his lifeline and Imlie was his north star. He admired her strength, her steadfastness, her ability to love and care for a sick orphan child and spread love, compassion and hope to everyone around her. He thought She was like warm rays of sunshine on a dark, cold and gloomy day. He had begun loving her the moment she had fought against evil landlords, helped hundreds get their land back and saved his life all the while having the slightest care for her own safety, he knew that love had no place in her life so chose to be on her side as her friend and colleague. However he felt about Imlie but Chini was his daughter, she was his little angel, capable of lighting up his darkest times.

Amma just came at the scene and hugged Imlie and Chini, both men bent down before her to seek her blessings and Amma pulled Raghav up and gave him a hug. She ignored Aryan, after all he had broken his promise to take care of her daughter and asked her to leave his life in such a vulnerable moment, the moment of her miscarriage. she did not harbor any hate for Aryan but also could not see a son in him anymore.

A-" Beta Raghu tum bhi thik ho na?"

R-" hanh amma mujhe kya hona hai? Apni Beti aur poti ko dekho kaise mitti se latpat hain? Raghu introduced Aryan to Meethi who played along with the charade of not recognizing him, she greeted him with a false smile. Aryan didn't blame Amma for her indifference, he deserved it, she was a mother and he had hurt her daughter, her only family in this world.

R-" Mr Aryan , let's head to my house, I can share the leads Imlie and I have found so far and you can also freshen up, I don't know if you have any other clothes but you are welcome to borrow some of mine." Aryan nodded and followed in his car as Raghu drove the bike to his home, Imlie and chini sat behind him and Amma headed to some work after meeting the group . He quickly realized the next day, that he and Imlie were neighbors and Raghu would often spend his days at Imlie's and use his place only to sleep, he felt a weird jealousy and suspicion towards Raghav, his closeness to his Imlie irritated him and the level of her comfort around him, made him angry, he then reminded himself that she was free to do as she pleased and he didn't need her but this was his head , his heart hoped that Imlie considered Raghu As her brother and nothing else. He got angry with himself for caring about Imlie at all and wondered if this is how Aditya had felt after seeing their closeness especially after Imlie had come to stay with him in the Rathod mansion.