Imlie's life

That night Raghav asked Aryan to join him for dinner, Aryan agreed and Raghu brought Aryan to Imlie's place, imlie and Chini were the only ones at home. Amma had gone out of Pagdandiya with Suryakant for a few weeks.

R-" imlie we are here for dinner! Where are you? Tumhare liye kucch hai mere paas" a busy imlie emerged from the kitchen with flour on her hands and clothes to greet the two men. She was almost glad to see Aryan and was relieved that he wouldn't go hungry, Her image was enough for Aryan's heart to beat harder, she hated the effect imlie had on her, he pretended to be civil and sat on a nearby chair on Imlie's request.

R-" Imlie here are the medicines, Tum hamesha ke jaisi Bhool gayi, yeh Chini ke aur tumhari davaiyaa bhi hai aur woh tumhare laptop repair Karke agaya hai, yeh Le lol! Aur yeh woh uss dinke assignment ke fees bhi hai, Maine apna share Liya hai, this half is yours. Aur imlie Chini ke books bhi hai, woh maths ki book Jo tum dhoondh Rahi thi woh milgayi" imlie was about to ask something when Raghav clarified,

R-" hanh han imlie mein Janta Hoon tumhara maths bhi weak hai...Chini ko Kal se isse padhana mein Shuru kar doonga! Ab khana lago na! Bhuk lagi hai madam!!" Imlie smiled and asked Aryan and Raghu to sit in the verandah for dinner. Aryan was surprised at how easily they communicated with each other, he had anticipated her questions even before she had asked them and she was not even surprised at his response. Aryan began wondering why Imlie and Chini,  needed medicines he planned to ask Raghav later.

Raghav then explained that he would pay imlie a small monthly fee in exchange for the meals, it had been hard convincing Her to accept money but he had managed to get Amma to agree. Imlie then arrived with Chini and three plates of food. Raghav realized that Aryan's unexpected arrival for dinner had meant imlie did not have enough food for all of them and had chosen to go hungry herself, he called on Chini and whispered something in her ears. Chini began giggling and gave him a hi-fi.

R-" toh ! Aaj toh humari Chini ka khana bahut tasty lag Raha hai, mein Thoda SA kha ke dekhta Hoon, thik hai Chini ma'am?"

I-" ha dadda Le lol" she giggled as she spoke. Imlie watched the two quietly and grew suspicious of the duo. Raghav took a couple of big bites and this made imlie irritated.

I-"ee ka karat ho Tum, tumhari plate hain na? Kyu bacche ka khana kha rahe ho?" Just then Chini took his plate over to Raghav and declared that she and her dadda would eat from the same plate. Imlie was surprised at this because Chini hated sharing her food with anyone else.

R-" abhi mere plate ka Kya ? Imlie yeh mein Ghar Leke jaau?"

I-" nahi Kal fresh khaane aa Jana, yeh mein kha leti Hoon , idhar do!" Raghav happily passed his plate and then fed Chini all the food from her plate, he went hungry that night but happy that his family had full stomachs. Aryan realized what Raghav had done and felt good that Imlie and Chini had someone like him in their lives. The rest of the meal was eaten in silence and the men finally began leaving when imlie called out to them which caused them to return.

I-"Raghu ye saaman ke paise, please le lol!" Raghav made a face and refused to accept the money Imlie was offering, he asked her to adjust it to this months food bill.

I-" no way take the money, you say this Everytime and then also give Amma the money for the food, I'm not listening this time, take it" Raghav still managed to escape without accepting the cash and returned home with Aryan

A-" can I ask you something?what were those medicines for? I mean I was thinking of organizing a medical camp here and this would be good information to have as we plan for the camp" Raghav felt a bit uncomfortable sharing this with Aryan but decided to do this anyway if this meant better medical care for Imlie and Chini.

R-" Chini has a rare blood disorder and I can send you the details later so you can recruit for the right doctor and Imlie well, Amma had said that she had fallen off some stairs a few years ago which had caused some brain injury with her and sometimes she gets brutal headaches and the medicines help with that. I think a neurosurgeon would be great for her" Aryan felt ashamed he had asked imlie to leave their home when she hadn't even fully healed from her accident and she was still suffering from it's consequences. He felt sorry for Chini too, she was so small and still suffered. He made a check out to Raghav and handed it to him.

A-" I wanted to commend you and Imlie for the wonderful work you both have been doing in journalism, as you know I own Bhaskar times and this is a small token of my appreciation, I only request that you tell imlie that this was from and anonymous donor, I don't want her to feel awkward around me" Raghav was confused at Aryan's gesture but planned to accept the check, he decided to deposit all tte money in Imlie's account, her financial security was more important. Raghav thanked Aryan and gave him some clothes to change.

That night all the three of them took a while to fall asleep, they thought of each other and made promises to one another and God. Raghav promised his God that he would always protect and be there for Imlie and Chini, while Imlie vowed to not let Aryan destroy the new found peace of her life, Aryan made a promise to Sita maiyya to help imlie as much as he could, he wouldn't let her back in his life but he would also make sure that her and Chini have a good life.  Chini also prayed for Imlies happiness and slept in Imlie's lap.