Imlie's life at risk

Aryan was stunned at Raghavs statement, the Hinduja's were the second richest family in the country, with businesses and  hospitals globally, he had heard that one of their sons had gone missing a few years ago and started putting the pieces together. This is who was treating Imlie and Chini  in Pagdandiya, otherwise it would have been impossible for the local hospital there to deal with their neurological and blood disorder.

Aryan and Raghav did not speak each to each other and remained focused on Imlie who was now being treated by an army of doctors, surgeons and nurses. Raghav remained silent and monitored every medication and treatment decision made for imlie , he even directed the department head on what tests needed to be done.

While Aryan sat by Imlie's head gently stroking her head. Just then the senior most doctor arrived and a the other doctors moved away to let him diagnose Imlie, he quitely read over the tests and treatment plan and made a few changes, he then asked Raghav and Aryan to wait outside. Raghav was adamant at first but finally gave in and headed out with Aryan.

Ar- do you think she will be okay?
Aryan said with tears flowing down his face endlessly.

R- I know she will be okay...she has to...

Aryan realized that Raghavs hand was shivering, he held his hand firmly and they both hung their heads in despair. After about 5 hours the senior most doctor arrived and Raghav impatiently tried to ask a million medical questions to him. The doctor let Raghav finish and then spoke in a deep grave voice.

Akhilesh H-Raghav, I will answer all your questions but first you need to hear what I'm saying.... You are not her doctor right now, you are her family....Her prognosis does not look good, your doubts are correct, her body is not reacting well to the treatment she is under right now.... she has a benign tumor about 4cm and that too without any clear margins at the base of her brain . It has developed at the site of an old injury, is my estimate but we will need confirmation of that..

Raghav collapsed on a nearby chair after hearing those words and Aryan urged the doctor to explain more clearly.

AH- She has a non cancerous tumor but quite a large one, I'm  afraid it cannot be taken out by operation due to its location. She has 6 months to a year left.

Ar- you...you can't say that, this is one of the best hospitals globally, how can you that? There has to be something you can do... I can't lose her..., I won't lose her, call the best surgeon in the world and help her, I don't care how much it costs...This can't be happening not to her!!!

Raghav pulled Aryan down and offered him some water , Aryans heart was beating so loud, he could hear it, he was still in shock and sunk in the chair silently. Raghav had tears in his eyes as he attempted to speak shakily.

R- Bhai that girl in there is the only reason  I'm standing in front of you after what happened....,you have to get dad to help her, he has done impossible surgeries happen and saved the patients lives, Imlie has to be his next miracle!! Please Bhai don't make me beg, coz I am willing to do that too ..,

Ah- calm down little brother, you are shivering , please sit down.
Akhilesh handed Raghav some water and spoke after both men had returned to their senses once again.

AH- Ms Imlie will need to be admitted here for the next few days for more testing, our main goal is to make sure the tumor doesn't grow, we will need more details on her entire medical history in the past 5 years, can you two help with that?
Both men nodded their head and were lead to a different room to meet with another doctor who patiently asked many questions about Imlie and Aryan finally described her accident and the fact that she had hit her head on stairs , she was 3 months pregnant when she fell and the doctors had struggled to save their lives, he couldn't say more as they had separated after that incident and seen Imlie only three weeks ago. Raghav looked at him in disbelief, this was the part Amma and chini did not know about, they had no idea what had caused Imlie and Aryans separation beyond the miscarriage. They left the room and Aryan tried to say something to Raghav who was walking ahead and attempted to tap on his shoulder to grab his attention but Raghu shrugged Aryans hand and turned to him with a disappointed and angry expression.

R- how could you do this to her?How could you???

Ar- I didn't know .....

R-Didnt know what? That I know about your past? or that you don't let your life partner just leave their home without proper care after such a major accident?

Ar-Raghav I ...

R- I what? I didn't know that blaming my wife for saving another baby over hers and questioning her motherhood was not the right thing to do? That's what you did right? I know my Imlie she doesn't not give up, not on people , not on relationships! Did you ask her to leave?

Ar- I did but I didn't know that ...

R-Clearly Mr Rathod you didn't know that and so you decided not put her on the street in the middle of the night. And that too with a sick baby girl! Is miss sugar the same child Imlie so desperately tried to save after you were careless with her on the stairs ????

Ar- I don't...

R- right ! Right, how would you know? How would you know that, Her body had to heal from the trauma of miscarriage, a massive head injury and losing everything she ever knew in one single night!! All you cared was about what Imlie had taken from you and you threw her out of your life like an unwanted garbage after she couldn't give you what you desired!! Did you hear what they said you disgusting Man!!!

Ar- just tell me if you can...,

R- I can what? I tried my best to treat her in pagdandiya with the little background I had! But know I know I was only treating her symptoms and not the main issue !! She never shared what really happened with any of us. This tumor has not grown overnight just bcoz of the treatment, it was finally detected and triggered enough for us to know that it exists bcoz of it, or she could have just slipped away without any of us knowing!!!!

Aryan didn't bother defending himself, he   took.all the blame even one he didn't deserve. All he cared for, was Imlie.

Ar- do you think your father can help her?

R- with what right are you asking that question? I have been such a fool, Here I was trying to bring you two closer like an idiot and wondered why Imlie who is loving to everyone and caring towards even strangers, is so cold towards you? But clearly she doesn't hate you enough for what you did!!!

Raghav grabbed Aryans collar to punch him but let him go when he realized where he was standing.

R- Go home Mr. Rathod, the hospital is suppose to share medical information only with family members or her doctor and you are neither.., just leave, I will make sure you are not told a single word after this!!!

Ar- but she's my..

R- She is your NOTHING!!! You two have been separated long enough for this marriage to be dissolved, just leave

Ar- raghav please don't do that, I just need to know she's going to be okay

R- don't say a word about this to Chini and don't you dare call Amma! I will come by tomorrow morning and pick up Chini! Do you think you can manage to keep her safe for one night? Or do you wish to blame her for the loss of your child too??

Ar- Miss Sugar will be okay, I will be with her un...

Raghav walked away without letting Aryan finish his sentence . When the tears weren't even half way done Aryan was empty. He couldn't have cried even if he wanted to. He hadn't experienced this feeling before. The sadness was still there, but not raw anymore – now he felt he was an empty shell - the kind he didn't think would easily be able to drive himself home. He stared around her as if he was in a pit. His surroundings were exactly the same, but they gave him no emotion. How could that be? He needed emotion to feel alive, to feel love, to know Imlie would be okay... he walked into the dark night aimlessly, not walking home but on a path of no light, not one seen by eyes or felt by the heart.