The Hinduja Family

Raghav's elder brother Dr. Akhilesh Hinduja entered the room with one of his nurses and another doctor holding some charts.

AH-Hello Imlie, I am Dr Akhilesh I am the lead doctor on your case for now and this is my team nurse Swati and Dr. Meena. Looks like you had an exciting evening, how are you feeling now?

I-HUM thik hai Dr. saab, aap sabse milke accha laga..

All of them greeted Imlie warmly and Akhilesh pulled a chair to sit by Imlie with others ready to take notes.

AH-Imlie we want you to know that you will be getting the best possible care at our hospital, we will be doing everything we can to make you comfortable, I realize this news must be difficult for you to assimilate but know that all is not lost, we have a bigger team we have engage with in our London hospital and our father , one of the best neurosurgeons in the country will be working on this case personally. Do you have any questions for me after your conversation with Dr. Raghav?

Imlie felt confused and looked at Raghav to understand what was going on.

R-I haven't shared anything with her yet, I was hoping you could do that as her doctor, I don't practice anymore, this is not my specialty and I would like to be considered her friend and family in this matter, nothing more.

AH-I was trying to convince you of that yesterday, I am glad you agree. I can share now.

Raghav stood by Imlie and held her hand tightly with a smile on his face as Imlie eagerly waited for what they had to stay.

AH-Imlie you have a brain tumor and operating it is difficult due to its size and location. We believe it started as an aneurysm after your fall a few years and a tumor developed at that location, benign tumors are not detectable at early stages and they present themselves as headaches and occasional dizzying spells. Until they grow up to a certain size, and they create issues in normal function for the patient, which I imagine should start with you soon

I-Toh kya hum marne waale hai?

R- Not at all Imlie, never say or think that again.

AH- My job is to present the complete truth with you Miss Imlie, your case is difficult but we are waiting to hear more from our London team to determine next steps, we will share as soon as you know more. In the mean time, I need you take as little stress as you can, your mental health  is of utmost importance right now, I was explained the nature of your work by Raghav and I would like you to consider taking a medical leave for a few months. Or switching to more of a desk role and working part-time.

I-iss sab ka kharcha? Dr sahab humre paas itne paise nahi hai London waale doctor ko dene ke liye ya iss mehenge hospital mein apna ilaj karvane ke liye, aap humka koi sarkari hospital mein bhejne ka intezaam kijiye please.

AH- Raghav.....I'll let you take this one. Imlie, tomorrow morning , we will be taking you for a few more tests now then we can discharge you by tomorrow noon. Please make yourself comfortable in the meanwhile and here is my card with my details, call me anytime you have questions and I mean it, anytime! I am here for you so are Dr. Meena and Swati. Any other questions for me?

I- Bass woh paise ka

AH- Aaah I dont know anything about that, but Raghav can help you with those questions. Any questions on what I shared right now?

I-Naahi abhi toh nahi hai par hum baadme aapko call karenge?

AH- Great, talk to you then and I will meet you before you leave. Now, Dr Meena has a few things for you and I will take your leave. Raghav, meet me in my cabin when you get a chance.

R- Yes Doctor

I-Apan bhai ko doctor kehte ho tum?

R- Only in the hospital !