Old secrets -1

Aryan, Imlie and Raghav reached Bhaskar times late that day the rest of the employees were surprised to see Aryan in the office, he usually just called in for board meetings to cast a vote and bail on them. They mostly dealt with Malini who could care less about any substantial news other than fake ones pushed by rich people for their personal interest.

Aryan introduced Imlie and Raghav to everyone in the office,ist of them were new employees who did not recognize Imlie but a few of the older folks did and warmly greeted imlie. Malini was seething that Imlie was back , she called Imlie to her office.

I- hello ka hai?

M- you need to knock before entering someone's office , but of course look eji I'm talking to gaav ke gawar se yeh sab expected hai

I- knock aur permission hum unse let hai jinki hum izzat karat hai, aur aap izzat Kya humaar tameez ke bhi layak nahi hai

M- mind your tounge imlie

I- and you mind yourself, now that I'm back !

M- oops mera pani ka glass gir Gaya... come on get to work

I- I'm not your servant!

M- par uss raat toh tum servant hi thi toh maine soccha why not continue something you are good at

Imlie looked at away and remembered that night 4 years ago. She was at the Chaturvedi family home talking to Dev and discussing Chinis health problems. She shared with her father who Chini really was and asked if he could help in her treatment cost when Anu and Malini Chaturvedi came in and tore away the check Dev was in the middle of handing over to Imlie, after all that was the least he could do for his granddaughter after Malini had abandoned her in a temple , and had made a call for her to be sent to the city orphanage.

M- Ek minit dad aap kiss hakh se Yeh check Imlie ko de rahe hai ?

D- Malini beta Imlie Yeh paise apne liye nahi par...

I - rukh jaiye bade Sahab... Hum yeh paisa Apne Amma ke Liye mangat hai! Ukka ilaj ke liye

A- sure sure , these people have the old habit of making up son stories and steal money from rich people....eh nokrani nikal Yaha se, idhar tere liye Kuch nahi rakha hai!

M- Apne Pati ne ghar se nikaal diya toh Yaha agagayi wah imle , abhi jhopdi mein rehna mushkil ho Raha hai Kya? Mansion me rehne ke Baad hahahah

D- Stop it the two of you, yeh Kya tarika hai imlie se baat Karne ka? Uska hakh hai inn paiso par

A- Mr chaturvedi aap bhul rahe hai aapki gaye 10 Saal mein Ek bhi painting biki nahi hai and all your savings are on my baby's name! You own nothing here so you can give her nothing !

M- Ek minit mom! I'm in a great mood today, thodi si charity karte hai , thodi bheek dete hai iss bin baap ke ..,Pati ke ghar se nikaal gaye bhikran ki

Imlie's blood was boiling but she was silent as she needed to think of Chini first, she looked at Dev once again to see if he could think of a way out of this.

D- I have 25 lacs saved up for my retirement, so I can at least die in peace, away from you two! I'm transferring those to Imlie right now and you two can't stop me!

I- par base sahab humka 30 lacs ki zarrorat hai...

A- sure sure kal aaake kahegi aur paise chahiye isse... aise log kissi bhi hadh tak ja sakte hai paise ke liye, kya apne ma ke arthi ke paise bhi humse mangogi nokrani?

Dev yelled at Anu and asked her to shut up when she defied him and began laughing at Imlie's condition with Malini.

M- waise mom I like what you are saying! Kissi bhi hadh tak!

A- what do you mean baby?

M- I tell you what Imlie Ek raat ke liye humari nokrani banjao and I will give you the rest of the 5 lacs!

D- Imlie beta you don't have to do this! I will try to sell some of my older paintings, if you could give me a few weeks I'm sure I can find a buyer!

I- humaar paas bass aaj ki raat hai! Varna humari b..,

M- buh kya? Paise amma ke liye chahiye the na? Dekha mom... iska reason bhi change ho Gaya itni jaldi!

I- humme aap Dono ki sharat manjoor hai! But only for one night and you know the price!

Anu objected but Malini took her to a different room and explained to her that this would bring her immense pleasure and 5 lacs was a small price to pay for watching imlie in her rightful place-as a sevant in their house. Anu reluctantly agreed at Malinis insistence and the two woman tortured imlie the entire night, Dev helped Imlie as much as he could and cried helplessly rest of the time.

They asked all the other house help to leave anc made intentional messes for imlie to clean , they even made sure imlie hot a few electric shocks while working in the kitchen but imlie was smart enough to avoid any serious harm. Imlie remembered her mother's words- " in this this broken world, if you need to put food on the table and keep a roof over the head of yourself of those you love, and save the life of those you love then gudiya, you do what you gotta do. I'm with you. I love you. Only you get to decide your worth, You are wanted. You are needed. Sita maiyya is with you"

Imlie finished the night she had bloody fingers, soiled clothes and was exhausted to her bone when Malini threw some money at her face and threw her out of the door. Imlie got chinis treatment done and left for Pagdandiya vowing never to return back , on the bus to Pagdandiya she had met Raghav, he seemed a bit lost but was kind enough to help Imlie manage a small recovering baby and their luggage, he followed them to there house and left after dropping them off. Amma had realized, he was a good man and offered him food and introduced him to the village elders and arranged a home for him to rent, Imlie was surprised to lestm that he was also a journalist and was planning on working for the local paper.

Back to present-

I- I'm leaving looks like you have nothing to say about Bhaskar times

M- waise woh Naya mard Kaun hai Imlie? I don't understand Tum inn logo PE Kya jadoo Karti ho Jo har koi mard tumhar diwana ho jata hai?

I- apan gandi zaban bandh karo, aur Raghav ke Barre mein aur Ek Galat shsbd nahi sunenge hum, uu humar dost hai!

Imlie began walking away and Malini made her final comment as imlie was opening the door.

M- iss pagal ke akhon mein saaf likha hai ki woh tumse Kya Chahta hai! Bichara nahi janta ki Tum jiss ke life mein jaati ho bass barbadi hi laati ho pehle Aditya, phir Aryan and now this poor fellow, someone should warn him Right?

Imlie scoffed and left the office, Malinis last comment had messed with her head . At lunchtime Raghav came to call imlie to share the tiffin Narmada has packed for them but Imlie declined to eat and went up to the balcony to catch some air. She was surprised to see Aryan smoking up there and staring into nothingness, he was startled at Imlie's appearance.