A rainy night

Imlie's treatment began and Aryan was glad that she was getting the help she needed, he made sure as an employee of bhaskar time all her medical bills were paid , he made a promise with Raghu of keeping things confidential as Imlie would have declined any help from Aryan. Raghav claimed that they were getting the treatments free as she was part of a human trial, Aryan and Raghu made sure the doctor went along with their ruse.
One night as the family sat for dinner there was a terrible storm brewing outside . The storm in the city brought electric skies and rain that sung upon the rooftops, that drummed on every window. The storm made Imlie uncomfortable and she began shuffling on her seat and playing with her food. Aryan was reminded of the time when during such a storm they had professed their love for each other and Imlie was reminded of the time in Pagdandiya where Aryan had given her confidence as she battled a storm, those memories followed the separation and how Aryan had asked her to leave his life and how it was a stormy night then too. Physical wounds heal but those emotional ones take time. Aryan and Raghav both noticed Imlie's uneasiness and suddenly Raghav began to leave the table .

I- wait! Where are you going?

Ch- yes dadda you always say it's not good to leave food !

R- I just need to run to the pharmacy quick, I forgot Imlie's medicines that were prescribed today

I- no need, finish your food , medicines can be brought tomorrow

R- but Imlie you have been asked to start them today and take them with dinner, I won't be long

I- but I don't want you to go! Why is that so difficult to understand
Imlie almost shouted at Raghav and grabbed his arm, everybody on the table were surprised by her behavior but Aryan knew what was going on and put his hand forward to grab Imlie's but pulled his hand back when Raghav held Imlie's arm firmly. Raghav could see the fear behind Imlie's outburst, she would often seem disturbed during storms and he chalked this up to be one of those times.

R- why don't you come with me , the pharmacy is just around the corner we will be back quickly!

I- I don't want to

R- oh yes I forgot your scared of the storm right? Oh well!

Ch- hahah Imaliya is scared , even I'm more braver than her!

R- of course you are monkey! That's why you are coming with me !

Ch- yippe!

I- what is going on here? I'm just stopping you bcoz it's bad manners to leave food on the table! I'm not scared of anything!

R- ok then, prove It to me!

I- prove what!

Ch- that Imaliya is not scared hahahah

Imile thought for a while, and decided to go with them , she wasn't sure if it was to protect them, set a strong woman's example for Chini or just win over her fear of the storm but she had to go. Raghav didn't give her long speeches like Aryan that made her believe in herself but his tactic would be challenging Imlie's self respect and it was a sure shot way to get her to rise above her apprehension.

I- ok let's go then , waise bhi meri kaun sunta hai yaha?

R- aur koi sunega bhi nahi when it comes to your health

Ch- no chances!!!

R- right monkey! See even the kid is more sensible than you sometimes

I - shall we go !! Aren't we getting late now? Now what happened to your speech on Imlie's health

R- I don't give speeches that is your specialty!!!

Narmada and Arpita were amused to watch them argue , Chini would also join in and irritate Imlie they were like their own little family, how Narmada would miss Imlie and Aryan's nonstop arguments and their cute fights but she was happy at least one of her children had something faintly resembling a family, Imlie was her daughter and the fact that she has not put her life on pause like her son, gave her comfort. Arpita and sundar on the other hand were curious about Raghu and wanted to know if he could be trusted with their precious baby sister, they were extremely protective of Imlie. Over the years they had made multiple attempts to help Aryan see his mistake and return to Imlie but had failed, they had given up on getting Aryan come out of his grief but Imlie's arrival had given rise to a small ray of hope.