Aryan's decision

Imlie was woken up almost three nights later, the doctors began a neurological evaluation and ran a number of imaging tests to analyze the damage from the stroke. Raghav explained to Aryan that it's a good thing that Imlie's coma was short, it was a gentle sleep that enabled her to recover, for her delicate brain, body and soul to rest and heal. Aryan was being unusually quiet, as if there was a hurricane brewing in his mind which would make landfall at anytime.

Imlie was still half asleep and was brought back to her room. Raghav was still busy talking to her doctor and urged Aryan to talk to sit beside her as she slept and and comfort her in case she woke up. After sometime, He came in the room to find a smiling Imlie sitting up right on the bed. Her hands were frailty and caution, shaking gently as she reached for the hot tea. In her movements were so much of the woman she was and still is. They were ashen where the sunlight caught them, not ghostly like a white person, just subdued and greyish. I think that's the first time Aryan and Raghav realized how vulnerable she was and how much of a toll the sickness had taken. Raghav almost sprinted towards her and hugged her.

I - ee ka karat ho tum? Aisan kaun karat hai?

R- I'm so sorry Imlie , I shouldn't have done that.

Raghav had been told that fortunately Imlie had suffered no physical damage her stroke ..her hearing, eyesight and all motor functions were intact. The effects in her memory were unknown, Akhilesh had told him to be careful around Imlie and take things slow.

Ar- Imlie Yeh Raghav hain maine tumhe bataya tha na?

I- accha tum..matlab aap Raghavji hai.. aap maafi nahi mango hum janat nahi the aap kaun ho toh kuchho jyada bol diye.

R- it's ok Imlie ab tumhhe kaise lag raha hai?

I- hum thik hai ab bass kuch cheeze yaad nahi aat hai . Par humre boss Babu humme sab batadiye...

R- that's very good, tum shayad mujhe bhul gayi... par koi baat nahi ... Imlie mein tumhara dos...

Ar- hanh Imlie yehi hai tumhare sabse acche dost aur?
Raghav smiled to see Imlie well, she looked a bit confused but not disturbed anymore, he was sad she didn't remember him but it was ok, she remembered Aryan which meant she remembered a big part of her life which was great, he was a passing season in her life, he had to learn to accept this bitter reality but Amma, Chini, and the Rathod's were after all her true family.

Aryan was waiting for Imlie to complete her response and Raghav felt that was strange, he wondered why was Aryan quizzing her at such an odd time ? Imlie began explaining why she had refused Raghav's hug earlier

I-woh hum toka role kyuki ...Humre boss Babu hai yaha... unke saamne nahi , thoda toh sabar karlo

Raghav was puzzled at Imlie's suggestion, what did she mean by that , it was although she recognized him but somehow still didn't.
Aryan decided to interject once again.

Ar- Imlie tum abhi kuch keh rahi thi tumhe baat samhaj to aayi hai na?

I- hanh Yeh humare sabse acche dost Aur humaar pati hai!

Raghav's jaw dropped, what was Imlie saying , why did she think he was her husband and how was Aryan ok with this? No he wasn't ok he was almost encouraging this misunderstanding of her. Raghav was shocked , he had a feeling of pause his mind and brain, they was trying to make the connection, one that brings high emotion . He found himself unexpectedly on a platform, train approaching, realising that this time the destination is not a choice.

R- Imlie Yeh tum kya bol..

Ar- arre raghu woh koi baatein bhul gayi hai par maine usse sab samhja diya hain