Conversation - Winterwitch x Reader

You hated these events. Some fancy dinner that required dresses and dancing and being polite to the assholes that donated lots of money to charity for an evening with the Avengers. Tony was always signing all of you up for this shit.

You'd been hovering at the edges of the crowd since the event began and were more than ready to head home. Normally Bucky would be right there with you, but he'd been on a mission for the last two weeks. A soft bump to your side had your lips curving into a smile. "Hello, little witch," you greeted without glancing at your girlfriend.

"Hello, love," Wanda's sweet accented voice answered. "How are you holding up?"

You sighed. "Fine." She didn't like these events any more than you did but was better about circulating so you tried not to complain.

She gave a soft laugh, the sound making your heart race a bit just as it did the first time you heard it. Her fingers laced with yours as she took your hand and leaned her head against your arm. A smile curved your lips before you could stop it.

"Come on. Let's get you something to drink." You led her to the bar and ordered for both of you.

As you waited, you turned her so her back was to your front and wrapped your arms around her waist. You pressed a kiss to her bare shoulder and heard someone scoff nearby. You arched a brow and glanced over to find an old woman with pinched features standing a few feet away glaring at the two of you.

You huffed a laugh and placed your mouth against Wanda's ear. "We have an audience, my sweet." She shivered at the feel of your breath against her skin and grasped your arms. You grinned against her skin as you ran kisses up the line of her throat.

"That's disgusting," the old woman. "You should be ashamed."

You rolled your eyes and laced your fingers back with Wanda's as you turned to get your drink from the bar. She pressed a kiss to the corner of your lips and you took the opportunity to deepen it however briefly. You had to maintain at least a little decorum after all.

"Go home. No one wants to see this depravity," the woman said again, using up the little patience you had left.

You turned to tell her off but stopped when Bucky came to stand beside her, arms crossed over his chest as he looked you and Wanda over from top to bottom. He grinned when he met your eyes. You squeezed your girlfriend's hand and she looked at you before following your line of sight. A brilliant smile covered her face and you had to hold her in place. As much as you wanted to greet your boyfriend, you wanted to see what he was up to first.

"It's really something, isn't it? The things people get up to in public," Buck said to the woman next to him as if he was in complete agreement with her idiocy.

She smiled as she turned to him, obviously happy to find someone of the same mindset. "Frankly, they wouldn't be getting up to it in private either if I had my way."

Bucky pursed his lips and rocked back on his heels. "Really? I don't know. It really does something for me."

The bitch snorted. "What? Seeing two women kiss? Figures."

"No. Seeing my girlfriends in love with each other."

She paled and her mouth dropped open a bit before she pulled herself together. "Girlfriends?"

He grinned again and winked at the two of you. "Yeah, both of them at the same time. You wouldn't believe what we can get up to."

At that you lost it and burst into laughter, Wanda following along. The two of you moved into his arms as he opened them for you. You snuggled into his sides as he held you close. "Missed you," he said as he kissed the top of your heads.

As if you'd planned it, you kissed his cheeks in unison. "Missed you too, baby," you whispered against his skin.

He glanced around and pouted. "I think we lost our audience. Shame, I was so enjoying the conversation."