Dad? - Stephen Strange/Daughter!reader

You didn't have the closest relationship with your father. 

Don't get me wrong, you loved him and he loved you. He went out of his way to make certain that your mother had the support check in full on the first day of the month. On top of that, he made sure that you wanted for little. He even took it upon himself to set up a trust fund for you that you were currently using to pay for college. All of that was brilliant and you knew you were lucky.

No, your problem was that despite all that, you hardly ever saw your father. Now that you were older with a more flexible schedule, you saw him more often but it was still a long time between visits. After all, why would the world renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange have time for his only child? There was always another procedure, another award, or another conference that took precedence. 

Not that you were bitter or anything. You huffed out a breath and rolled your eyes as you strolled into the hospital. Your dad had vanished. He'd been in a horrible accident that ruined his hands and his future as a surgeon. You'd been spending time with him, helping out as much as he'd let you but you'd gone by his apartment to find him gone. Along with the few possessions he hadn't sold. You'd been trying to reach him for over a week now with no luck. The only thing you had left to try was seeing if Christine, his ex-girlfriend knew anything about where he might have gone. 

Luckily for you she was in the hall and spotted you as soon as you walked in. She smiled as she walked toward you but you could see the confusion on her face. "Y/N? what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for my dad," you told her. 

She grasped your arm and pulled you into an empty room. "Didn't he tell you?" she asked.

You shook your head, certain from her tone you weren't going to like whatever came next. 

She sighed. "He's gone. He heard about some miracle cure in Asia and is trying to find it."

Your heart broke a little at the news. You'd been getting along so well lately you'd forgotten just how little he considered your feelings. You nodded to let her know you heard and dropped your head.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Christine said.

You didn't say anything as you turned and walked out of the hospital.

***

It was now several months later and you still hadn't heard from your dad. You had no idea if he'd found what he was looking for or if he was dead in a ditch somewhere. You sighed at the thought, wrapping your arms more tightly around you as you walked toward your apartment. Tuesdays were the only night you had to stay late on campus as your last class didn't finish until six. Fortunately your apartment was only a fifteen minute walk. You had just pulled your keys from your bag when someone grabbed you from behind. You managed a muffled scream before everything went black. 

You woke with a groan and looked around. You were tied to a chair in the middle of an otherwise empty room. The room was small and windowless. Panic flooded through you and your heart raced. Who had brought you here and why?

It didn't take long for at least part of your question to be answered. The door opened and a man in a robe entered. His hands were behind his back as he looked down at you with a tilt of his head. He had long hair pulled back in a ponytail and an angular face. He might have been attractive once upon a time, but right now all you could focus on was whatever horrible disease was rotting the skin around his eyes. It was almost like the skin was broken to show something underneath. What the hell was wrong with this guy?

When he just continued to stare at you without saying anything, you broke the silence. You cleared your throat. "I don't mean to alarm you, but there's something wrong with your face," you said.